Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Brayde Glassford
@brayde-glassford
14 years ago
8 posts
Hey droogies,I am Brayde (braid), I just turned 16 two days ago. I backcombed my first dread in March 5. Ever since I have been coming to this wonderful site just to read other issues and learn and see what up in the world of dreadlocks. Finally decided to say hi to everyone. This is gunna be long have nothing else to do so i will just tell you whats up in my world.I love music, and mechanical stuff and fixing thigs. For music, well i hate rap and pop and that $***, something with real music, a real instument, not made by a computer, I mainly like hard rock and older metal, think back to like Black Sabbath Judas Priest, and Mass. I Love Megadeth, mainly Dave Mustaine and all his works. At the moment I play guitar, a Epiphone 57 replica Kona Explorer, I am trying to learn the harmonica.I am into self sports, not much of a team man, I dont like to disappoint people, and I like to just rely on me and my strengths. I am into downhill/freeride mountain biking. I ride a 2009 norco a-line. I also enjoy wakeboarding and snowboarding, those are the main three. But sports in general are great. I really love the outdoors unless its minus 50.I really dont like parties, I really dont, I am not into alcohol, other than a beer now and then, and no drugs. I dont mind people that drink and shoot up, as long as they are nice and respectful. I dont think marijuana is a drug.Grew up in Beautiful British Columbia, Canada, and now live in Edmonton Alberta.I have always loved dreads, but I never wanted to do them cause of wax, until I found out you DO NOT use wax. So I dreaded up March fifth by backcombing. Lots of it came undone, and looked like a mess and didnt care, I knew they were doing their thing. By april I could see a bit of progress. I twisted and ripped my forming locks for my grandfathers 72 bday. I wanted to look presentable for an occasion like that.Well the other day some kids were like, your dreads arent working you need to backcomb or you need to palm roll or you need wax. I felt like smackin everyone of them cause they just dont understand and they dont know so why are they giving me advice, you know? To me, it's like forcing someone to listen to my music, they might look like they do, but they arent really, they must learn to like it themselves. Much like hair, you can fiddle with it make it look like locks, but they gotta find out how to do it them selves.Sorry this is long and i bet no one read this haha, but i sorta needed to vent a bit. While doing so, I decided to teach you all about me.Peace and loveBrayde
updated by @brayde-glassford: 01/13/15 08:34:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
you'll getr that you should wax alot from kids who dont know any better, but just laugh and tell em ya know what come back in 3 years after u cut off stiff sticky gross dreads and then tell me how i should wax mine will last a lifetime yours are temporary at best...

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brayde Glassford
@brayde-glassford
14 years ago
8 posts
My dads work brought us over here. i so miss b.c. it was the best, you can do so much there.And for pics, i lost my cord for my camera, but i found it today so i will get a pic or two up from today or so.And yea i know, kids just dont get it, they dont believe they will work but i know they will. and i know two kids who cut theres because of the stink, which i think is because wax gets a funky smell, cause they both used wax. people expect dreads to be instant but they arent, but this journey so far has taught me much.Thanks for reading both of you and thanks for the repies much appreciated
Honeybee
@honeybee
14 years ago
21 posts
Glad you're here :)
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Welcome
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn