Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Whats your shampoo like?

MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
What do you do to clean your scalp and dreads? Anyone want to share what those minutes in the shower or river are like with their dreads and what they use?
updated by @mountainwillow: 02/14/15 07:42:45AM
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Normal unscented bar soap...:) I'll be getting some baking soda to try soon.
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
hmmm baking soda.. ive been considering this.. whats the benefits? and can it dry your scalp out?
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Soaringeagle needs to answer this one for you, that is what he uses. I also want to start making my own soap again.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
1/3-3/4 cup baking soda in 1 gallon water, add any oils (see my superclean dreads thread )no scrubbing just pour on and let soak 10-30 minutes then rince wellit deep cleanse eatting away any dry skin and strips away all dirt leaving u superr clean feelingfollow it with a vinagar rince (see same thread) for conditioning

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sunny Days
@sunny-days
15 years ago
11 posts
I use residue free shampoo. its been working ok but having new dreads i haven't really explored new ways. is the residue free shampoo good or bad?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
depends on what one it isif itds got anything laural sulphate i wouldnt use itbut any shamppoo even residue ones will be ok for mature dreads..ok, nut not bestresidues are harder to get out of dreads and can slow process in young dreadsi recomend dr bronners liquid magic soap ..dilutesd 12 parts water 1 part soap (its thye most environmentaly safe soap there is too, and economical and pure u can use it for everything u use any soaps for even brushing teeth and facials and massage oil type stuff..u dilute it alot so it lasts and lastssome water types though (hard or soft i forget which) make it not rince well this is true for all soapds though thats why detergents were inventeddr bronners can be changed from a soap to detergent nby adding a small amount of boraxor,.. you can use the baking soda mix which works great for everyone

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
ive tried everything..and baking soda does the best..with the least effortbut i recommend u mix it momments before u use it cause iot reacts with water releasing millions of bubbles that probably do most of the cleaning

--
sam
@sam
15 years ago
40 posts
I use water.
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
I tried baking soda but I had a lot of build up from conditioner and hairspray and it did not seem to be removing it. I picked up a bar of Dr Bronner's bar soap at a health food store. I rub the bar in my hands to get them sudsy and gently wash my hair. This helped get the build up out plus it smells soooo good and leaves my skin soft too.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form