Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

For Anyone Have'n Troubles With There Dreads

Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
14 years ago
47 posts
You see i have a lot of people telling me i should just shave mine off (i don't think that look that bad) But even some of my friends are saying i should just cut'em. So this Discussion is for any one that has had a bad dread day and needs some encouragement. So people that have been dread'n a while can kinda share there Exp with the people who have just started.
updated by @nic-sullivan: 02/10/18 06:41:50AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no matter how long youve had dreads or how good they look there will always be people telling you to cut them offbut even more preople praising themignore the negative focus on the possitivethat simple

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
NO! every single one of my friends told me the same thing for the first 4months, I COMPLETELY know how it feels, it's the most discouraging feeling, and many times early on I almost removed mine, get thru this time, and you will not regret it or be left with feelings of "What if" just my perspective,also I should say many months later the same people all had their own versions of "I'm glad you kept them I like them now"just keep on man :)
Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
14 years ago
47 posts
Thanks everyone i have no intention of cutting them. But i had thought of buying a hat and keeping them in there tell i like them hahah but then i came to relize that was a pretty stupid thought i love my dreads
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
Mine looked horrible for awhile but they were just doing their thing and tightening up. I like that you know what you want and the hat idea is really good. I have tons of them :) as well as bandanas and headbands for bad dread days. Check out Etsy.com for some cool products Nic Sullivan said:
Thanks everyone i have no intention of cutting them. But i had thought of buying a hat and keeping them in there tell i like them hahah but then i came to relize that was a pretty stupid thought i love my dreads
Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts
I've been having a bad dread week lately. large tuft of loose hair around the fringe's stuff. I've tried T&Ring some of them, but they just wont hold. Sometimes it gets really tempting to find my old crochet needle and fix them, but I've resisted the temptation so far. Wool rubbing the loose hairs seem to help though, it makes it more of a matted layer in between the dreads, but never lasts long.To stop annoying myself about it, i just try wearing my tam a lot.
Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
14 years ago
47 posts
o yea my father says i have a rats nest on my head. Lol Lisa McRae said:
My father-in-law refers to my dreads as "Those things"
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form