Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads with more LOOPS than I know what to do with? Is this forever? Will my Dreads ever be LOOP free?

momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
LOOPS LOOPS and MORE LOOPSI have many wild loops throughout , all over, more show up after I have washed my hair, I am using the baking soda and apple-cider vinegar rinse... washing about 3-5 days. My dreads are 3 month, started with backcombing and then just left them alone, some have become undone and I will let them go on dreading the natural way...soooo I have dreads from both was of dreading....I was and I am really hoping for a more rope like dread in the future....will this happen in the years to come? Will those loops merge into the dread with time...can someone help me with this ? If you have had dreads for a few years...are you still dealing with loops...lots of them??Peace and joy
updated by @momma-has-dreads: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
loops are the most beautiful part about dreads IMO -- they are what makes each and every one of us uniqueif everyone had the same perfect identical dreads -- well, then we'd all be dreadheadhq heads
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
loops add texture and uniqque features they generaly suck in but towards the ends can cause cool ziggy zaggy unuque endsover time they tighten up yo bumps bends just features that make that dread unlike others, but the vast majotity of the crazy looks get oulled in and virtualy vannishsoon as i ger my camera back ill take more pocs as examples but here

and here u can see some not as old loops that may stay

now if u look at the very left edge u see some thwt were very crazy and still are pretty uniquekeep in mind dreads never stop changing just once mature the changes arent drastic or very easily noticed so u never know what they might do week by eweek year by year they have an organic life all theyre own

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
Yeah, I do know what you are saying. I just have a style that I have come to admire and would like.....I will and do love what I have...I will be letting them do their thing, just wanted to see or hear from someone about what I can expect in the future, during the first year, the year after the first and so on. I like to see where I may be going. That is me, other may not like to see what is around the corner and be surprised...I like to know as much as I can. peace IllumiKnotty said:
loops are the most beautiful part about dreads IMO -- they are what makes each and every one of us unique

if everyone had the same perfect identical dreads -- well, then we'd all be dreadheadhq heads
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well 3 months is when u are probly entering the rebelios teen stage think odf the loops like tats peircings wild haoir your dreads finding themselves through rebellionbout 8 months they'll be settling down more sure of where theyre headed not quie mature but not so crazy either Julie Kamin said:
Yeah, I do know what you are saying. I just have a style that I have come to admire and would like.....I will and do love what I have...I will be letting them do their thing, just wanted to see or hear from someone about what I can expect in the future, during the first year, the year after the first and so on. I like to see where I may be going. That is me, other may not like to see what is around the corner and be surprised...I like to know as much as I can. peace

IllumiKnotty said:
loops are the most beautiful part about dreads IMO -- they are what makes each and every one of us unique

if everyone had the same perfect identical dreads -- well, then we'd all be dreadheadhq heads

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwthats some maga loopage for sure just gourgouse messy but omg gorgouse how old are theyi cany wait to see e in 6 more months u should suggest she join us Knottysleeves said:
Think about tying your shoe, or making a knot in a piece of string. You start with a loop, right? :-) That's how knots form. So dread loops are GOOD! It means your hair is knotting up for real.

3 months is really still the infant stage. Birth pangs, and all that. Give it another 3 months at least, then you'll have a better idea of how your dreads might look at 1 year. It's impossible to predict after just 3 months.

The majority of loops do tend to smooth out (or get swallowed up) in time, so no worries.

Here's one of my dread sleeve customers, rocking SERIOUS loopage... just gorgeous!

--
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
Hey!!! That is what mine are doing and in doing so I could not see how they would ever form into the rope like dreads that I would like to have. I have those zig zagging loops and was wondering... is this it...will they blend into the dread I would like.....thanks every one who gave me their insight...thanks a lot... peace Knottysleeves said:
Think about tying your shoe, or making a knot in a piece of string. You start with a loop, right? :-) That's how knots form. So dread loops are GOOD! It means your hair is knotting up for real.

3 months is really still the infant stage. Birth pangs, and all that. Give it another 3 months at least, then you'll have a better idea of how your dreads might look at 1 year. It's impossible to predict after just 3 months.

The majority of loops do tend to smooth out (or get swallowed up) in time, so no worries.

Here's one of my dread sleeve customers, rocking SERIOUS loopage... just gorgeous!
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
AMAZING Loops i want loops :(
Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts
I'VE NOTICED A LOT OF BUMPS IN THE DREADS MYSELF LATLY (THEY'RE TO THICK TO BECOME REALY LOOPY). I JUST THINK THEY'RE FUNNY AND LEAVE THEM ALONE ;)BTW, HAPPY CAPS LOCK DAY EVERYONE!
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
I used to have dozens of bumps/loops EVERY WHERE, I think I was saying to Keaz on one of his pics that he had one that looked exactly like one I used to have that really smoothed/compressed in time, http://www.dreadlockssite.com/photo/weird-loopies-1?context=user those are to be expected to happen, I still have some, that a very small, but it's just how they form initially.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form