dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing - counterproductive?

Sputnik0145
@sputnik0145
14 years ago
9 posts
Hello all,
I started my neglect dreadlocks about 6 weeks ago and am quite satisfied with the progress its making, however, every time I wash my hair (I use baking soda followed by an ACV rinse [thanks SE!]) the knots seem to come undone`,leaving my hair almost undreaded again..
Is this supposed to be the case or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!NB I dont wash my hair too often - only when it starts to feel dirty. Longest period I went without washing my hair was not even a week.
updated by @sputnik0145: 01/13/15 08:32:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
washing should actualy help knots but the vinegars conditioning too so cut back on the vinagar add sea salt try that a couple weeks and seewashing will loosen some true but also adds knots that tighten thriughout the week

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TaMMiKiNS
@tammikins
14 years ago
22 posts
When I was starting out I also noticed that washing was somewhat counterproductive. Here's what I started doing to make sure that washing my dreads didn't undo my progress and it's worked well... One thing I do while I'm in the shower is to kind of ball up and hold on to my dreads while the water is running through them, so the running water doesn't smooth them out and undo any knots... Also, when I'm finished with the BS/ACV and I'm rinsing with clear water, I rub my scalp and my roots with the palms of my hands really lightly... It helps to make sure you rinse everything all the way out and also helps knot things up a little more (for me, anyways). After I'm all rinsed out, I squeeze my dreads with a towel to get water out of them and then I flip my head over and rub my roots and scalp lightly with the towel. Again, this helps knot things up a little (for me). After that, just separate your sections and babies and leave em alone til it's time to wash again... Welcome, patience and good luck :)
Sputnik0145
@sputnik0145
14 years ago
9 posts
Thanks for the replys guys!and sorry it took so long for me to reply..I will definetly try the dish soap next time I wash, which should be tomorrow or so. Only question I have - how much should I use and should I dilute it?Yesterday I took a bath with +/- 0.75kg of salt and I have a feeling this really helped my hair knot up.. I can feel more, tighter knots and also my hair feels dryer, which im guessing should help as well.I shall post again after washing with dish soap
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form