dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Today might be the day

Zen
@zen
14 years ago
10 posts
hello all
today might be the day for the first leg of my journey...i'll be going to the "lock-smith" later to discuss which method to use..,i'm inclined toward backcombing as they have a more natural appearance than the crochet method(but i like the neatness of them).ANY SUGGESTIONS?

updated by @zen: 04/09/21 05:24:44AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dont go to any locksmith! grow them naturaly or twist and rip yourselfloctiocians will only screw u up crochet is terrible for dreads and almost all loctitions use gross wax and do a terribly bad job ..u can grow natural dreads easily or twist and rip yourself just get a freind to help with the backwe just saved u hundreds of dollars and a massive mistake

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sammy Seven
@sammy-seven
14 years ago
19 posts
Just do twist and rip or back comb yourself. save some money.
Zen
@zen
14 years ago
10 posts
hahaha about the locksmith gag...but yes you have a point there...thanks CBD Makarov said:
Suggestion-Natural method.
Another suggestion-Do more research on dreadlocks.

Locksmith is a guy who makes keys, locks and knows the inner workings of a lock.
A locktican is what you're talking about and they don't know crap about natural dreadlocks.

Just grow natural dreadlocks. You're wasting your money by going to a locktican.
You're not going to have dreadlocks for the next 8 months.
You would be wise to accept that.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
It is pretty funny that people buy into thinking that natural dreads take a lot longer. Even though my experience is starting with a shaved head, it kind of just grew out into dreads. Really just the way my hair is, forms knots as soon as it's long enough to wrap around each other. lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
1 gitl i recomemded ho natural i thonk 3-5 days ago she washed her hair once and already had dreads.. young dreads yes but actual natural dreads in less then a week

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Lots of love on my head. XD
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Any way for you to do monthly pics to show the process? CBD Makarov said:
Exactly, I'm growing mine out from a shaved head, it hasn't even been three months yet and I've noticed that hair is already doing some section and dread like things already.
Go figure. The natural process is pretty awesome no matter what people say.

Anubis said:
It is pretty funny that people buy into thinking that natural dreads take a lot longer. Even though my experience is starting with a shaved head, it kind of just grew out into dreads. Really just the way my hair is, forms knots as soon as it's long enough to wrap around each other. lol
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
yea CBD Makarov said:
Yes actually, I'm planning on starting a really detailed timeline on the third month.
That's in about 13 days not including today although I did take a few pics yesterday.
I might just post a couple of those up if you'd like.

Anubis said:
Any way for you to do monthly pics to show the process?

CBD Makarov said:
Exactly, I'm growing mine out from a shaved head, it hasn't even been three months yet and I've noticed that hair is already doing some section and dread like things already.
Go figure. The natural process is pretty awesome no matter what people say.

Anubis said:
Angel
@angel
14 years ago
77 posts
I actually took mines out, took me a very long time. I had actually started to like the natural method. And had that "what if" so after a year of backcombed. I think I'm going with the natural process started saturday. Was thinking of getting my hair seperated into sections like if I was to block braids. But lets try that natural.Meaning of all that is, make sure you choose the right method for you and remember you have to live with it.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form