Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So new on "the journey" I don't have locks yet!

Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Hi, I'm Renee, I live on Vancouver Island with my two kids and I want to dread my daughters hair.
She has amazingly beautiful hair, thick (I mean THICK) corkscrew spirals.
They are so tight that her hair sits above her shoulders but goes down to her bum when wet and stretched out.
She doesn't like me braiding or putting it up in ponies, actually she doesn't like me washing and conditioningeither.
I was thinking dreads might be a great solution once they are established.
I want to learn everything I can before we make the commitment and I want to dread my hair too but I am scared about themaintenancefor myself.
So I'm here to connect and learn as much as possible before takingthefinal leap.
Hope to meet some of you fabulous people from all over this globe of ours.
Love and peace :)

updated by @island-mamma: 02/14/15 10:58:55AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well hers are perfect for going natural just let them happen stop combing and conditioningtry washing with the baking soda mixand well for umaintenance can be as lil as u want ..low maintenance dreads are the best some ppl are addicted to maintanance so waste a ton of time doing unesacaru crap thart only makes theyre dreads look fake and overmaintained..the best dreads have the leasty done to themjust wash and seperate occassionaly..its that easy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
She is probably not going to like it when they stick together and need to be ripped apart. How old is she? Natural would probably be the easiest but there are a few things (like ripping) that you will need to do.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
but ripping u gotta do no matter what method unless u let them congo st will and risk getting a unidread

--
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
I'm just saying her and her daughter need to be on the same page for this process to work in the early stages.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
definatelywell backcombings out of the question shed be screammingtwist n rip if real gentle is an option but probly not the best braid and neglects a possibilitybut natural is probly the best way to go and ripping to seperate doesnt need to be annoying spraying lil olive oil on the area needing separation can help u seperate without pain

--
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
OMG how old is ur daughter?just b/c u want her to have dreadlocks doesnt mean she wants them !this is her decision, you cant make that for her!what kind of freedom-lover are you?how would you feel if your parents made you their robot without letting you express yourself in your own ways?scary ..
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
She is two and a half.I was thinking of separating her spirals and maybe a bit of twisting (well they are twisted already technically;)and letting them go, so semi natural I guess?Good point on the ripping, she does sit for her hair to be braided and tied up (not happily) now though so I think this might work out great. Lex said:
She is probably not going to like it when they stick together and need to be ripped apart. How old is she? Natural would probably be the easiest but there are a few things (like ripping) that you will need to do.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I totally agree Sister.I am so drawn to dreadies especially children, so beautiful and earthy. Roots ya' know.She is 2 and a half, I have been showing her pics today and she says they are "thats so beautiful mum", I've asked her if she'd like them she said yes. PLUS I am constantly separating locks in the shower, which is what is making me consider allowing them to form, with some help on my part. Sister Rags said:
Hi Renee : ) It sounds like dreads might be wonderful for your daughter. I know a number of dreaded families around here, there is something so especially spiritual and beautiful about dreaded children. Have you shown pics of dreads to your daughter (I'm assuming she's younger than teen years)?
IllumiKnotty, having a rough day? : (
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Good advice, Thanks :) soaringeagle said:
well hers are perfect for going natural just let them happen stop combing and conditioning
try washing with the baking soda mix
and well for u
maintenance can be as lil as u want ..low maintenance dreads are the best some ppl are addicted to maintanance so waste a ton of time doing unesacaru crap thart only makes theyre dreads look fake and overmaintained..the best dreads have the leasty done to them
just wash and seperate occassionaly..its that easy
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form