Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Nervous but Happy

sadangel777
@sadangel777
14 years ago
68 posts

Well, I had my one dread that my friend helped me with (since I was only going to have one, since A) my husband doesn't care for dreads and B) since I just graduated and am trying to get my career going and C) I didn't know if I'd like them...

but recently I've undergone a change in the way I think about dreads. They are more than simply a hairstyle; I feel that I need them now. So...

I'm going natural with day 2 of no brushing. YAY ME! I read all of your posts on the different dreading methods, and natural is a better way for me to go because it is gradual. I can't simply go from no dreads to dreadhead overnight because my husband and parents will probably flip out. Maybe. So, going natural will be gradual and one day I'll be able to say, "Oops, how did that dread get there?" = P

I got a couple of tams, and I'm ready for my journey. I already feel so much better about myself, and I hope that I can stick with it and I hope that my husband won't want to divorce me. Just kidding, he loves me.

P.S. What kind ofnaturalshampoo (aside from the baking soda deal)is the best and where do I get it?

Thanks!

updated by @sadangel777: 01/13/15 08:32:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
congrats and good choice well dr bronners is liked by many u can try tha and its easy to findits amazing how just a single read can teacvh u so much and change u isnt it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
sadangel777
@sadangel777
14 years ago
68 posts
Thanks!
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
HORRAY FOR YOU BONNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
14 years ago
154 posts
hey lady love, im so happy u decided on this and i really hope u go through with it even if not everyone is down with the idea since its something ur so passionate about. you can stop by and look at the shampoo bars that i got and if ur down with the smells and all that u can get them. i got them from that artfire,com place and it seems okay. they have that tea tree kind and also have other scents and is made out of oils. it says right on them what they are made of but u gotta make sure u type in dread shampoo to find the right kind. but ill help u with that if u decide this is for you(the shampoo i got.) i know of a few other kinds too if u dont want a bar kind. well let me know and i had fun tam shoppin today with you and love how ur hair looks just not brushing it that im so stoked about it being dreaded. YAY
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no 12 times more water then soap Sister Rags said:
Dr. Bronner's is great....definitely dilute it (in my opinion) 'cause it is very strong stuff. I'd go as much as 3/4 water to 1/4 soap.

Yay for your dreads!

What kind of career are you embarking upon?

--
sadangel777
@sadangel777
14 years ago
68 posts
Thankx dude! = )I'm really excited; thanks (everyone) for the suggestions! I don't know what kind of soap I'm going to use yet, but I'm sure I'll figure it out! The bars sound good if the other stuff is so strong... onward to day 3!!! *I had fun tam shopping w u too!* hippie mama said:
hey lady love, im so happy u decided on this and i really hope u go through with it even if not everyone is down with the idea since its something ur so passionate about. you can stop by and look at the shampoo bars that i got and if ur down with the smells and all that u can get them. i got them from that artfire,com place and it seems okay. they have that tea tree kind and also have other scents and is made out of oils. it says right on them what they are made of but u gotta make sure u type in dread shampoo to find the right kind. but ill help u with that if u decide this is for you(the shampoo i got.) i know of a few other kinds too if u dont want a bar kind. well let me know and i had fun tam shoppin today with you and love how ur hair looks just not brushing it that im so stoked about it being dreaded. YAY
Teltsa
@teltsa
14 years ago
1 posts
I joined to support you Bonnie, I have supported you threw some odd things in our lives and if you want dread locks rock on do it. To hell with what anyone says or does. You are a strong and powerful soul you can do anything. Love ya's always.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hahaha so ive heard that many times 1 girl said she came running out of the shower screamming..pepermingt oil can be intence Knottysleeves said:
I didn't know about diluting Dr B's either... until I went camping with a bottle of the peppermint soap. It feels good when certain body parts tingle, but not when they tingle THAT much. Ouch!

Sister Rags said:
Oh - thanks! I used to use Dr. B's straight (on my skin) & wondered why it burned. Took me a lot of years before it dawned on me to dilute it.

--
sadangel777
@sadangel777
14 years ago
68 posts
Aww! Thanks! Luv u too! Teltsa said:
I joined to support you Bonnie, I have supported you threw some odd things in our lives and if you want dread locks rock on do it. To hell with what anyone says or does. You are a strong and powerful soul you can do anything. Love ya's always.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form