Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

No idea what to do

fu.zzz
@fuzzz
5 years ago
3 posts

I started my dreads about a month or so ago and one of the roots completely undreaded  about halfway down the dread and it sticks up when I’m not wearing a hat / don’t have them pulled back. What can I do to fix it?

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  175KB

updated by @fuzzz: 04/03/19 09:58:59PM
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts
What does it look like when you're not holding it up?

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

perfectly normal

stop wearing a hat

itssuposedto be this loose at the roots for many many months,, just wait it out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TashTash
@tashtash
5 years ago
76 posts
If you mean it kinda bumps up like if you flipped your hair over a different way that it’s not used to lying then I have a few of those at the crown of my head. Remember that now your hair is dreading, all those knots are going to make some strands of hair shorter as they’re all looping about, that’s going to make a dread look a little crazy and bumpy til the other hairs catch up. It’s normal and it’s a good sign! If you used a starter method, remember to not do it again because you’ll just be undoing progress, unknotting, loosening and tightening is all part of that process, so if you backcomb or twist and rip or whatever again, you’re just making a temporary fix and it’ll loosen again because that’s what it needs to do. Just give it a little time, it’ll sort it’s self out 😊
DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

I've got a few that do this. The crown is the worst area for it for me. And the back of my hair. I think its perfectly normal I just leave them alone.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

dont look at them

only look at your shadow

if you see a dread sticking up weird in a shadow attempt o ptt it down gently

when you can't figure out which ones sticking up  ya give up and go about your day

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form