Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey y'all

Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts

Hey guys! I'm happy to be here.😊 I've been reading through posts and the "dreaducation" and I've already learned a lot! 

I made the dread plunge a month ago after growing my hair out for about 6 years. After a week worth of research I decided on twist and rip. After some of the things I've read here I am so happy I decided against backcombing! I have crocheted the loosest parts of 5 or 6 dreads, but (at the advice of Soaring Eagle) I've thrown out the crochet hooks now to let my hair do it's own thing. They're all pretty loose so I'm hoping they recover well. I wash about twice a week with residue free shampoo, focusing really only on my scalp. I LOVE how soft they are after a wash.😁 I've seen on here where some people rinse every day, and I'm seriously considering doing that as well. 

Pictures show at 1 day and 1 month, and then after a wash. 

20180513_122851.jpg
20180513_122851.jpg  •  810KB

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

Welcome.

This isn't the busiest forum ever so sometimes if you ask a question you may wait a day or 2 for a reply but you will always get the answers you need.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

Hey and welcome!

Even after twist and rip your hair is still very long, which is very cool! It's the total opposite to mine, because i have started with pretty short hair. Maybe keeping everything separated could get a little harder for you, but maybe not even that. So your on the best way to get beautiful dreads in a couple of month, only patience is the price to pay! You can ask almost everything on here and i am pretty sure someone will have a helpful answer. So feel free and enjoy your journey as much as you can!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

your hairs gorgouse1 and yu usualy will get an answer in minutes its 4 am and here i am haha but my internet was down allday

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
SE thank you! I "met" you in a fb group a few days ago, and I'm so glad I did. Perusing through posts here I see now what crochet hooks can do, and that's definitely not what I want. I'm so happy now I didn't go crazy with those hooks when I got them! And here I thought I was just being lazy.😂 So thank you for that as well! My roots are pretty loose but I see now why that's a good thing.

Stpauli the twist and rip has definitely made it easier for me to separate them. Most of my hair is pretty coarse, and I have seen it start to dread in the past after going a few days without a good brush. Honestly I was scared to do the neglect method for that reason... I figured I would end up with huge dreads that I wouldn't be able to separate. I've already lost some length! I'm interested to see how much they shrink up over the coming months.😊

Pheromones your posts are part of the reason I'm happy to do away with the crochet hooks. Thanks for sharing your experience here so noobs like myself can learn from it. I'm excited to be following your renewed journey!

Thanks for the warm welcome.😊
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

No worries. I update my timeline once a month so will be doing a 4 month one next weekend. Where abouts in the world are you from? People on here seem to be from all over so can be online at random times. Soaring Eagle's in the US and I'm about 90% sure St Pauli's in Germany. I'm in England. Unfortunately.

--

updated by @femalepheromones: 05/17/18 08:48:40AM
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
I was born in England, but we left when I was a babe. I grew up here in the US in eastern Kentucky. Imagine Trailer Park Boys, because fareal they could shoot that at the trailer parks here.😂 But I'm next to Red River Gorge, and we have some of the best rock climbing there. I'm not a climber, but I have lots of friends who are. The mountains here are beautiful!
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

Never seen Trailer Park Boys but I see what you mean. One thing that I actually like about America is the scenery. If I ever go there it will be up the mountains and into the wilderness.

--

updated by @femalepheromones: 05/17/18 09:56:13AM
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
You would love Red River Gorge. I've travelled a little in the US and seen some beautiful places, but my heart is in the mountains here in Kentucky.♡
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
One day...

I have been to the US but only on family holidays to Orlando, Florida when I was younger. I feel like I need to see other countries before visiting different areas of countries I've already been to.

I've been to France, Spain (kind of) Italy and Sweden. Of them all Sweden is the one I imagine living in some day.

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form