Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Length?

Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
How long was your hair when you started the dreading process? Or for the natural method, how long was your hair before they started forming?
updated by @knotty-john: 01/13/15 08:30:54PM
Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts
I had hair to a bit under my shoulders in the back, and to about 10 cm under my chin in the front. Lost about half the length when i dreaded it.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
My hair was down to the middle of my back before I started dreading ( twist and rip method), and now it's up above my shoulders...
ratcakie
@ratcakie
14 years ago
60 posts
my hair was 2 feet before back combing 8 weeks ago, now its a bit over a foot but locking up like crazy... At about the 4-5 week mark it hadnt lost much length at all bout an inch untill one morning i woke up to one side of my head half the length of the other...( scary) but it seems to be working it self out now. they are just a mass of differant legths and thickness so all in all im pretty happy.
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
14 years ago
154 posts
my hair was only like 4 inches long because i just cut off a previous set of dreads and missed them so much that i couldnt wait till i could have dreads again. i backcombed them and they started actually dreading prolly within the first month or two but i think its cuz my hair was naturally curly. i also wore a tam cuz my head looked like bart simpson lol. want my hair got a little longer and started to dread hard core like i just let it go naturally and let nature take over and thats why i have some pretty big fatties. lol
Nabin Giri
@nabin-giri
14 years ago
12 posts
My hair was waist long before i decided to do something about it. When i got them crocheted they were a little below the shoulder. So, i lost few inches.
Melanie2
@melanie2
14 years ago
99 posts
Mine was just past shoulder length but just kept shrinking and shrinking during the first year. It's gaining length at about the same speed as regular hair these days.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
2-6 inches natural started dreading in weeks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jackie
@jackie
13 years ago
78 posts
My hair was about 5 inches below my shoulders. (super fine, stick straight hair naturally)10 Months later, I am STILL srinking in a major way. The front is all the way up to my ears! Waiting for it to start growing again :)
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
Too my shoulders and now the length is above my chin and really really short in some areas like 3-4 inches with all my shrinking
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form