Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Combed them out.... :(

HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
11 years ago
93 posts

I got upset last night and washed and conditioned my hair and combed it. :( I cried.

I should not have done it. Since June 22, now all that progress is gone. My hair is all flat and limp. I am sad.

updated by @healingamungthetrees: 01/13/15 09:56:09PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I bet you are sad. I know you started by accident, but going fully neglect if not for everyone. If ever you want to try dreading again, try a different method like twist & rip (the second best)...or back combing (the third best method).

Right now your hair is flat & limp due to the conditioners. Don't worry, you will get your natural bounce back after a couple of washes, just skip the conditioner for a couple of weeks. All the best to you Healamongthe trees.....peace

HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
11 years ago
93 posts

I am thinking of doing it again. I don't even really know why I did it. I was mad at my husband and emotional and probably hormonal.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hormones get the best of us gals, that's or sure.....

If you do grow them again, next time you get emotional, do what others do and come on here, go on chat and vent, write out your words and get it out of your system. This may help you next time.....peace

la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

I almost combed out my dreads some weeks ago. I was having a hard time separating and was really upset about my health problems and constant suffering. I suddenly felt a deep urge to comb them all out, just because I felt like I had to do something, anything. I'm glad I could resist, but I can understand how you felt yourself and why you did it. I'm sending lot of love your way, plus many many hugs.

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

When we get emotional, we do, or get the urge to do, drastic things. I won't even say what things go through my mind, but suffice it to say I decided to learn how to calm down and meditate after all of the destructive and ridiculous things I've done out of frustration or sadness lol. Emotions can be annoying sometimes. Anyway, I'm sorry you combed out your dreads :( but hey, you can dread them up again. All it takes is time, and we all have the time to let our hair dread, because it requires no effort at all. Go for it! And if you're feeling emotional/hormonal again and have that urge, come onto this site and rant, vent, ask for advice, etc. There's always people willing to listen and support :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its only a a couple months ..not even progress so its ok i would throw away all combes all brushes all conditioners that way if u get the urge u got to go buy them that gives u time to think and not act on impulse

id go natural again u didnt lose years of progress its not that bad

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
11 years ago
93 posts

So I am letting it go again. I took the time to throw a little henna in my hair. Did not color much but it conditioned my hair way too much. Now my hair is all nice and soft and tangle free. Ugh! Oh well.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form