dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlocks in Turkey

HaithamD
@haithamd
11 years ago
3 posts

Hello all!

It's great to see such heads together in one place :) Lovely spirits!

I am travelling to Turkey (Istanbul mainly) for a week or so, and I want to finally get my hair dreadded there..
I have like 5 dreadlocks already, but one of them is a disaster, I would rather get professional help to get it sorted out.. So in short

If anyone knows a place in Turkey where one can get dreads, (not even a salon, a contact who is good at dreads! :) )I would really appreciate it!

Much appreciated

Peace, love and light to all

updated by @haithamd: 01/19/15 11:13:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

professional helps a scam and the worse mistake ypu can make

all you need to do is wash and seperate nothing else

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Yeah, don't get dreads done professionally. They usually crochet or do other harmful methods, you don't want that! I read on the chat about your problem with one of your dreads, you'll just have to work on separating it. If you upload a picture, we can see what the problem is and can give you the best advice on how to help :) but you don't need a 'professional'! Maybe a friend to help you separate the dreads, but that's it. Don't waste your money on 'getting' dreads and having them cause problems later on. Instead, stop combing your hair and let the dreads grow naturally.

HaithamD
@haithamd
11 years ago
3 posts

Tara C said:

Yeah, don't get dreads done professionally. They usually crochet or do other harmful methods, you don't want that! I read on the chat about your problem with one of your dreads, you'll just have to work on separating it. If you upload a picture, we can see what the problem is and can give you the best advice on how to help :) but you don't need a 'professional'! Maybe a friend to help you separate the dreads, but that's it. Don't waste your money on 'getting' dreads and having them cause problems later on. Instead, stop combing your hair and let the dreads grow naturally.

and thank you :)

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Oh yeah, so it's all joined together at the root? Yeah, I wouldn't go to anyone for that. People who 'make' dreads can't even 'make' them without damaging hair; I doubt they'll be able to help you free your tangled dread without basically ripping it off. There are a few others here with a lot more experience on how to carefully separate badly-connected dreads, so I won't give you any advice on it and instead I'll let them explain it. But don't worry, you won't need to see someone for it, lots of people have had this problem and with a bit of work, it can be helped :)

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/video/separating-tutorial http://www.dreadlockssite.com/video/separating-tutorial-part-2 These are two videos from Baba Fats on how to separate hair, especially when they are matted at the root like yours is. I gotta say, I sent you a comment saying to go for it in Turkey if they would use T&R or backcombing with no products, what a great thing to bring back from your trip, But.....after seeing your pics..dude...you have the type of hair that dreads fantastic, we all would love that kind....curly hair creates the most awesome shaped dreads...If I had your hair, I would go all natural..neglect..free form..all the way.

You just gotta work on separating them, and doing it regularly. No matter if you had dreads created or grew your own, you still have to separate the sections. Don't give in HaithamD, not with your hair texture, they can't create what your own hair can and will.......honest!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

they look fine ((the 1 is slightly thick but not too..about as fat as u ever wanna let em become)

the hole at the roots fine a nd will fix itself

all u gotta do is seperate

wich u can do with 1 arm cut off its so simple

this is as easy as picking your nose or scratching your butt im sure youd never concider payimng a pro to scratch your butt right?

your doing just fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form