Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

long dreads getting thin at the roots?

beckbeck
@beckbeck
11 years ago
32 posts

hey sexies, my dreads are pretty long and very heavy.. I'm noticing the weight of them is making my hair grow really fast- but it doesn't seem as thick as it used to be around the roots.. anyone had this issue? should i trim? is there any way to thicken my hair up (that isn;t on a shampoo commercial :P)?
xx

updated by @beckbeck: 01/13/15 09:54:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm mine are fine and longer and heavier so um

any chance your prego or were recently

any other hormonal or dietary changesany significant stress level chanhes

biotin is probly your best bet tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
beckbeck
@beckbeck
11 years ago
32 posts

haha definitely not pregnant,
I'll look into biotin :) thanks!

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

My hair shrunk a whole lot the first couple of years. So over 2 feet of hair shrank to about 4 inches. As my hair grew....it did not shrink as much as it knotted...so it is not as fat. So the hair closer to the scalp is not as thick as the hair towards the tip. Does that make sense? It is hard to explain. Tips from the first year or so is a lot of concentrated shrinkage so it is fat. All of the dread above didn't have 2 feet of hair to shrink...only new growth...so it is not as fat. My hair is not thinning. It just appears thinner on the newer growth of the dread.

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Oh wait....you have extensions. That is a different story. With normal growth....the scalp and hair adjusts slowly to the weight of dreads over time. It becomes stronger. If weight is added to your scalp and hair all at once...it does not have that time to toughen up. That might possibly be the problem. I am not sure.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form