Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlocks crochet recovery timeline

Leilani Ariana
@leilani-ariana
12 years ago
6 posts

So glad I read this! I've had my dreads for a week and two days now and I went to a salon and she did interlocking with a crochet cook. I found out after how bad it is. People told me not touch it, just let it do it's thing. I was afraid it wouldn't work but looking at your pictures gives hope! thanks!

updated by @leilani-ariana: 07/27/15 08:06:34AM
Little Wing
@little-wing
12 years ago
41 posts

Wow!, I'm amazed about the look of your locs this days!. They look amazing.

I am just about to have my fifth month and started with crochet. Haven't done anything since then and I'm wonder how they are gonna look at the end. I hope good.

And yep, looking at your pictures it gives us lot of hope!.

Becsley Q Penguinface
@becsley-q-penguinface
12 years ago
36 posts

What a great story, and awesome looking dreads in the end! Don't worry about your English though man, I read the whole thing and I didn't notice any weirdness at all! :D

Dee4
@dee4
12 years ago
14 posts

Wow my story is very similar to yours. I started my dread with rubber bands, back comming and wax. I thank this site daily for helping me see the light. It has been a 4 month journey which the first month was the toughest due to the rubber bands and wax after that I stopped using the wax got that junk out of my hair and rubber bands where out. Now they are so natural and everyday is a blessing to see them change and evolve as I am. Great story man your dreads look beautiful.

Moonchild
@moonchild
12 years ago
12 posts

I did not cut mine like Bene had to - I stopped waxing the second I found this site. Recently I just used the magic wax removal product and have been growing them ever since - 2 years this July! These were waxed at the start, but look at 'em now!!! (before and after pics) long and I love them. celebratory share!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

nice how many times had u waxed and how many wax removals?

id still use it a few more times to be extra safe

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Moonchild
@moonchild
12 years ago
12 posts

I had waxed all my dreads 3 times and had used the whole container of remover. they got much softer, so I felt safe ;)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ahh ok

how long ago/ it'll be interestung if they go into a new loopy stage even tho its been 2 years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Moonchild
@moonchild
12 years ago
12 posts

how long ago... did I wax? just under 2 years. i'm not sure what they're gonna do, but all theyve been doing is growing nice and long !

Smile
@smile
12 years ago
5 posts

Thats an amazing story :) thanks for sharing

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form