Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From Interlocking to Natural: My Dreadlock Journey

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

It appears I have good news on my roots' gap! I just got back from work and looked in the mirror and it appears my gap has finally sealed up....now if I can keep from separating my hair until I really need to I hope it should be permanent 

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

After looking over this website, I realized that I probably should have put this thread in the member journal and timeline section, so is there a way to move this thread? (if in fact it would be better suited in that section). 

Edit: I meant thread not threat.

updated by @ravens-light: 11/20/16 10:14:26AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

well you can start a new one there  and keep it on the topic of updates and such

but congrats looks like it finally fixed itself

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

As it appears my gap may still have some time to go before it seals...or maybe this is just how it gets after sleeping but here is a current photo of the gap. I have included two other pictures of it that were taken earlier in the day, and it seems like it was more sealed earlier...not sure why it loosened. 

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Here is a current photo of the gap on the top of my head, I still have no idea why it had seemed to loosen slightly, I mean the only difference I have been doing thus far is wearing my tam outside due to the cold weather, I am hoping it permanently seals up soon. Let me know if another picture is needed for more detail. I am hoping it will tighten up the next time I wash my hair (as I am only washing weekly now).   

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

your washing with that beer shampoo right you have alotta loose hairs in that area that  if you used the lockin up liquid would become new dreads  those new dreads ould fill that in

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

The loose hair is slowly becoming new dreads on its own which I am jazzed about, except they are combining into existing dreads so I am losing many of them, but that's just the way it goes. Sadly I forgot to/wasn't able to do a sea salt spray yesterday when I washed my hair. Oh well, I will just do it next week when I wash my hair again.

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Is it normal to get frizzy patches of loose hair even in winter? I have been through a few winters with my dreadlocks, and this is the first time I have had noticeable parts of it look pretty frizzy, as it does in the summer. I am wondering if it could be due to certain types of heaters I am around....and I included a photo of the frizz, plus it highlights my current progress on my beard (at least I hope that can be seen, the lighting was a problem, as the sides of my beard are not too thick yet). 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

mines bean that was a lil too

but u know u are using a diferent shampoo too

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

This is true. I am thinking maybe I just need to go back to weekly sea salt sprayings again before I wash my hair. I have been forgetting to do that part of it these last few weeks, I just seem more intent on just getting my hair washed and the drying process over with that sea salt spraying slips my mind. My washing cycle may end up becoming a little more flexible than it used to be (which is obviously good, haha), as due to the winter I am thinking it is wisest to only wash my hair for the week on the days I have off so that it can dry properly.

/ 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form