dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ancient cultural history of dreadlocks and their significance

O'Callaghan
@ocallaghan
14 years ago
57 posts

Maxe said:
Sorry but vikings didn't 'pop up' in Scandinavia..(they might have popped up on your Eireann shores tho ;)

There have been people here all along, they just evolved into 'vikings'...we have stone monuments dating to around 3500BC, on the field next to my house a settlement has just been dug out dating around 1000BC.

The culture is so unique to this area that it obviously wasn't influenced by nomads.
By "pop up" I meant as far as their recorded origins go. From what info I could find it seemed like out of scandinavia sprung these fierce blonde haired blue eyed warriors that few seemed to know about or write about previous to AD793 when the raidings started being recorded. Obviously they didn't "pop up" like oh nooo! Vikings are growing up outta the ground!!! Silly. lol I know there have been people in every land for thousands of years, I just wish there was more solid research into the evolution of us blue eyed blondies before the pillaging. lol :D
updated by @ocallaghan: 07/23/15 12:13:23AM
O'Callaghan
@ocallaghan
14 years ago
57 posts

charles hubert said:
thats a great post thx for sharing the only wrong thing i saw the recorded 3100 bc they actualy found lately that the pyramids are like 10500 bc minimum and actualy think they been repaired more than once wich is prolly related to the 50 000 years dread but yeah who care right its old as fuck no matter what haha
Your right, when I wrote 3100BC it was more in reference to the beginning of the first dynasty and the unification of upper and lower Egypt, after which their civilization is very well-chronicled. Thank you for that info! :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
moved this to history and religios significance sectionalsi heres our resident maori dready http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profile/AtiKohunui#axzz15CsdwjpM and his picture

we also have an adoriginese dreadythe maori was strict neglect not even washing for a long timeas is traditionour resident aboriginese her dreads formed by just washing in a salt water river full of crocodiles(gotta be careful doing thast)shes a real beautiful jungle momma http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profile/AliceEather

u dont get much more traditional and natural then these 2alice lives the jungle tribal lifestrong repressentation of the roots of dread cultures all over the earth

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
i had read before about Shiva's followers wearing "ja Taa" i was curious and asked a man from India what ja Taa means. He looked at me blankly for a moment ( my pronunciation must have been really bad) so i wrote it down for him. He said it means "Shoo go away". In India the language is very diverse. Each village can have it's own variation of the language. so it could mean something entirely different in different parts of the country...I don't know. but i thought it was interesting.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha maybe he was saying "shoo go away and dont ask me that question?" haha

--
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
loli actually thought he was saying that too for a minute. but he said that is what it meant.
O'Callaghan
@ocallaghan
14 years ago
57 posts
SE those photographs are incredible! What beautiful people! :DTaye LOL :D that's really neat!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
we have alotta beautiful ppl here :)

--
sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
14 years ago
83 posts
haha....it a problem of pronunciation nothing else "go away" would be more like jaataa than jataa and "t" is pronounced slightly differently in both the words so it can be pretty confusing i m surelol

taye said:
i had read before about Shiva's followers wearing "ja Taa" i was curious and asked a man from India what ja Taa means. He looked at me blankly for a moment ( my pronunciation must have been really bad) so i wrote it down for him. He said it means "Shoo go away". In India the language is very diverse. Each village can have it's own variation of the language. so it could mean something entirely different in different parts of the country...I don't know. but i thought it was interesting.
Tambi
@tambi
13 years ago
1 posts
This is a great piece! You have looked at the whole picture. i love this. locks are truly universial.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form