Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

How and Why? SHRINKING

Cayla Lynn-Marie Thoenen
@cayla-lynn-marie-thoenen
7 years ago
10 posts
I know when you backcomb your dreads, they shrink a loooot. I have tnr/natural ones and im not too concerned about shrinkage. But I was just wondering why they shrink?
updated by @cayla-lynn-marie-thoenen: 02/14/15 09:14:56AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,514 posts

kbnots tighten sansd pull them up

think about the dread a momment

you start with straight hair

the straight hair is stretched out to its longfest possible length when pulled straight

nit take that hairs and twist em aslk up into a chaotic bundle of knots the 1 straight hair zig zagging in every possible direction including going back up instead of down and iu can see the root to tip length is going to be shorter drastickly

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
7 years ago
666 posts
Take some hair, or string, yarn...anything like that...rub it between your hands and knot it up...it shrinks up! It isn't a big mystery...you just knotted and compressed it, so it has no choice but to shrink.
Cayla Lynn-Marie Thoenen
7 years ago
10 posts
ok...thanks. on average, how much do they shrink?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,514 posts

1/2-2/3

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
Cayla Lynn-Marie Thoenen
7 years ago
10 posts
so i could loose half to most of my hair?
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
7 years ago
666 posts
You know, it is funny how much some people shrink compared to others...I have shrunk, but not like some folks here! I think what was helpful for me too was that when I started the process my hair was not too long (about 6-8 inch.) and my hair grows really fast, so it has gotten almost twice as long in reality but seems to stay about the same to me (hope that makes sense!).
Alicia
@alicia
7 years ago
68 posts

I have lost a TON of length. Its ridiculous. Go check out my pics if you'd like to see how much they could shrink.

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
7 years ago
849 posts
the longer your hair the more shrinkage you will have. My hair was down to my bum a year ago when I quit combing, now it's at my shoulders.
Cayla Lynn-Marie Thoenen
7 years ago
10 posts
My hair is around my shoulders and are still around my shoulders...lol. theyre 2 months and im just not looking forward to them shrinking. My boyfriends sisters started around a little under her bust and are now shorter than mine. hers are almost a year. But she tells me all the time that when they start shrinking that theyll be past my ears...which i try not to believe.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form