Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

project for every member

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
it can ill have to upgrade bandwith and storage every so oftenbut growrh is goodi can reduce the load time of front page definately, ..but..having that much on its helping growthi added this group (usuing that flier as the logo)its for all those i need to talk about something threads that are popping up..theyre great to have in such a friendly community ..but a friend zone gets em off the front page..so lets try relocating all those type threads into there (they tend to pop up on introduce yourself too much anyways)you know the threads i meanso lets use this new group instrasd..when u need a friend a friend will be therebut u dont need the world seein whats between friends right out on frint page..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Do you mean getting rid of latest activities?What happened to pic of the day? I liked that. soaringeagle said:
it can ill have to upgrade bandwith and storage every so often
but growrh is good i can reduce the load time of front page definately, ..but..having that much on its helping growthi added this group (usuing that flier as the logo)its for all those i need to talk about something threads that are popping up..theyre great to have in such a friendly community ..but a friend zone gets em off the front page..so lets try relocating all those type threads into there (they tend to pop up on introduce yourself too much anyways)you know the threads i meanso lets use this new group instrasd..when u need a friend a friend will be therebut u dont need the world seein whats between friends right out on frint page..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well latest activities is good but can disable stuff showing there like comments etcx but what i meant was fewer vids and groups showing less detail on events etcthe pic of the day i discontinued rill after the gathereing while i tested diferent ad placements and stuff plus didnt have anyone to update t daily while im gonethe pic and vid and shop were lil much so when i start it will just be the pic and ill rotate featured shops only on the main shop pagethe 2 aditions to the header area (banner ad and search box) have a slight load delay because i had to create seperate pages incert the code and then use a script to load those pages within this pagehow slow is load time on slow connections? i have a fast connection and it loads fast only tiny delay while chat loads usualyif the load times real bad for dialup i can make adjustments ofcourse but ..very very few of visits are on dialup Island Mamma said:
Do you mean getting rid of latest activities?

What happened to pic of the day? I liked that.

soaringeagle said:
it can ill have to upgrade bandwith and storage every so often
but growrh is good i can reduce the load time of front page definately, ..but..having that much on its helping growth

i added this group (usuing that flier as the logo)
its for all those i need to talk about something threads that are popping up..
theyre great to have in such a friendly community ..but a friend zone gets em off the front page..
so lets try relocating all those type threads into there (they tend to pop up on introduce yourself too much anyways)

you know the threads i mean

so lets use this new group instrasd..
when u need a friend a friend will be there

but u dont need the world seein whats between friends right out on frint page..

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i bet shes already lurking here looking around Sister Rags said:
A sweet young woman came into the cafe (my workplace) tonight - she had long dreads wrapped up around her head. I told her about our site, so hopefully she'll stop by and meet folks : ) Bet she has lots of good experience to share!

--
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Well, I don't know if it counts, I haven't recommended the site to people on the street, but I've been getting a lot of adds on facebook and myspace asking about my dreads. I've referred 4 people so far to this site for support and to have questions answered.Love this site! :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
it all counts :)your all awesome pixie said:
Well, I don't know if it counts, I haven't recommended the site to people on the street, but I've been getting a lot of adds on facebook and myspace asking about my dreads. I've referred 4 people so far to this site for support and to have questions answered.

Love this site! :D

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
good to know :)i didnt think it was thast bad concidsering just how much is on it

--
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I find it slower than most places I travel to online.I'm in a few forums, Lightworkers and Facebook mainly.I have high speed broad band (the cable connection).SE, could you maybe put up a pic of the week instead of the day?Sister Rags you're banner is adorable! I love it, not sure if I told ya already, it's late I should be in bed LOL soaringeagle said:
good to know :)
i didnt think it was thast bad concidsering just how much is on it
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
I am already sending people who are seriously thinking about dreadlocks to this website.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i wish i had a printer sunday is odunde ..thousands of dreads i mean a sea of dreads mosdtly rastas and africans since its the african new year but ..yea would be bout 3-5000 dreads maybebut a week later ill have cards made for the gathering so will get a few hundred at leasty from thereplus making a flyer for at info Sister Rags said:
Tomorrow night I'm going to a very large art festival where I expect to see a number of dreadheads. I've made a little stack of signs, so I'll hang 'em up & pass 'em out & hopefully we'll get at least a couple of people who join us here.

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/11/15 02:19:15AM

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form