Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreading the 1st few weeks of dreading

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
many people think that cause they dint understand dreads they think dreads need to be "made" so how can rioots dread without helpbut anything you do to the roots only hurt s you.. just leave em aloneyou will have SOME undreaded hair at the roots thats normal but that will become less as time goes on

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 12:18:04PM
iluvblutak
@iluvblutak
14 years ago
18 posts
i'm ashamed to say that i think i did this when i started, i got told to get rid of my mirror but my mirror is like built into the wall over my sink (i live in a student room) so i left it but then got so annoyed about looking at my hair and being instantly reminded about it that i have now covered the whole thing up with newspaper haha. now its the holidays i can forget time almost completely, apart from going to work, but after a few days i lost track of the date/day whatever and time is flying by and its amazing and i hardly think of my heair letalone look at it
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well the natural dread experience is like that just relaxed and letting things happen.. the made dreads though tend to be alot of panicking and worry and omg my dreads are dreading (freakouts over loops lumps loose hairs roots etc etc etc) Victoria said:
I don't even remember when I really started this set. I was just like "Go forth!" to my hair, used residue free shampoo, and let it be (with some maintenance in between).
But that's how I've always been with my hair. I act no different now that I have locs. I just let my hair do what it wants. It has worked for me thus far so I'm not gonna mess with it. :)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i love you for saying that :) thats exactly how i feel too :)its such a beautiful organic process like roots bursting from a seed growing to a mighty tree its fascinating to watch every leaf unfold every branch find its own way to growthe twisting and changing ..its like the dreads are alive with a mind of theyre ownits so beautiful from the 1st day of messiness to the budding baby dreadsometimes it actualy feels likle ive entertained myself for decades just watching my hair grow..lol Victoria said:
Aww! That's unfortunate. I love all my loops and bumps and loose hairs!! They make my locs unique and adorable. And then I get the added joy of watching them all change and loc up. It's all so fun and exciting! I would have hated to miss out on it all by just jumping right into 'perfect dreadlocks', if such a thing were to even really exist.

soaringeagle said:
well the natural dread experience is like that just relaxed and letting things happen.. the made dreads though tend to be alot of panicking and worry and omg my dreads are dreading (freakouts over loops lumps loose hairs roots etc etc etc)
Victoria said:
I don't even remember when I really started this set. I was just like "Go forth!" to my hair, used residue free shampoo, and let it be (with some maintenance in between).
But that's how I've always been with my hair. I act no different now that I have locs. I just let my hair do what it wants. It has worked for me thus far so I'm not gonna mess with it. :)

--
Michael Baker
@michael-baker
14 years ago
13 posts
I'm very new to this process but I have experience with another type of hair. My beard. The first time I grew my beard out I was constantly worrying about how it looked. It seemed like such a long time before I got to the point where I thought it looked decent. My current beard(which I will have for a very long time) just sorta appeared out of nowhere because I didn't think about it.I'm glad I found out about the natural way of growing dreads. It is so simple and I love that. I don't really care how long it takes because I know it will happen. I'll just kick back and enjoy the ride.
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
heheh! dude, that is the best bit of advice anyone can ever get for dreading, maybe even for life!I can see why your the guru in these parts.peace love and respect to ya brother
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha im no guru i just like playing with words and making them dance ..u jusr get mesmerised by the dance .in a way ..a much more pathetic way thats what johnny clean does but he uses lingo to try to sound cool the psudo gheto speak..the difference is tho im pretty honnest and tell it like it is while he twists words around to just make u believe things are the way he claimsits all just words dancing u just gotta klook for meanning and truth in themtheres logic and then theres what majicians (and moviemakers) call suspention of disbelief"..believing in somethinmg cause your tricked into no longer believing the simple truthsfor instance all your life u would comb out tangles dailyso the simplest truth is your hairs trying to tangle or dreadbut a good illusionist will make u believe tangles only result from hokus pokushe'll wave a majic wand say a few babbling words and walla point out a knot where no knot existed a momment before.and you believe it after all he used some magic words.but just a passing breeze or even the breeze caused by the waving of the wand could and would cause a knotthe magician takes credit for what naturaly happensand you start tossing coins at his feetjust mesmerized by the performance of a miricle .if only you knew how simple the tricks are the illusion is brokenhair dreads thats what it does..no special tricks to it

--
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
soaringeagle said:
haha im no guru i just like playing with words and making them dance ..u jusr get mesmerised by the dance .

in a way ..a much more pathetic way thats what johnny clean does but he uses lingo to try to sound cool the psudo gheto speak..
the difference is tho im pretty honnest and tell it like it is while he twists words around to just make u believe things are the way he claims

its all just words dancing u just gotta klook for meanning and truth in them
theres logic and then theres what majicians (and moviemakers) call suspention of disbelief"..believing in somethinmg cause your tricked into no longer believing the simple truths

for instance all your life u would comb out tangles daily
so the simplest truth is your hairs trying to tangle or dread
but a good illusionist will make u believe tangles only result from hokus pokus
he
'll wave a majic wand say a few babbling words and walla point out a knot where no knot existed a momment before.
and you believe it after all he used some magic words.

but just a passing breeze or even the breeze caused by the waving of the wand could and would cause a knot
the magician takes credit for what naturaly happens
and you start tossing coins at his feet
just mesmerized by the performance of a miricle .

if only you knew how simple the tricks are the illusion is broken

hair dreads thats what it does..no special tricks to it
very true! im not really aware of the dreadlock politricks thats happeneing when my hair dreaded it was a solo flight for me, i didnt have a mentor didnt know anyone with dreads, didnt have interweb either. im still not sure what a lot of the methods you can use are called, had no idea what a congo was intill recently! i had no idea you could buy "miricale grow superdread wax" and the such like. one of my friends has just lost her dreads due to "products" (even though i said go natty!) her dreads went really weak and smelly cos she couldnt wash em with all the waxy tatt she used.but now ive met this site and shall spread the word to those in need.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
same here when i dreaded it was years before those sites selling crap products existed all i needed to know to dread was 1 simple sentence told to me by an old rasta "throw away your comb and dreads will happen" so i did and i had congos like crazy (a woman in a health food store said to9 me i love congos thats how i found out what congos were and how to prevent them)since then most of what ive learned was from watching others make mistakes like waxand seeing them do stuff that just makes no sence at alland i just gotta wonder what ever happened to the pure simplicity of just losing your comb? benjah said:
soaringeagle said:
haha im no guru i just like playing with words and making them dance ..u jusr get mesmerised by the dance .

in a way ..a much more pathetic way thats what johnny clean does but he uses lingo to try to sound cool the psudo gheto speak..
the difference is tho im pretty honnest and tell it like it is while he twists words around to just make u believe things are the way he claims

its all just words dancing u just gotta klook for meanning and truth in them
theres logic and then theres what majicians (and moviemakers) call suspention of disbelief"..believing in somethinmg cause your tricked into no longer believing the simple truths

for instance all your life u would comb out tangles daily
so the simplest truth is your hairs trying to tangle or dread
but a good illusionist will make u believe tangles only result from hokus pokus
he
'll wave a majic wand say a few babbling words and walla point out a knot where no knot existed a momment before.
and you believe it after all he used some magic words.

but just a passing breeze or even the breeze caused by the waving of the wand could and would cause a knot
the magician takes credit for what naturaly happens
and you start tossing coins at his feet
just mesmerized by the performance of a miricle .

if only you knew how simple the tricks are the illusion is broken

hair dreads thats what it does..no special tricks to it
very true! im not really aware of the dreadlock politricks thats happeneing when my hair dreaded it was a solo flight for me, i didnt have a mentor didnt know anyone with dreads, didnt have interweb either. im still not sure what a lot of the methods you can use are called, had no idea what a congo was intill recently! i had no idea you could buy "miricale grow superdread wax" and the such like. one of my friends has just lost her dreads due to "products" (even though i said go natty!) her dreads went really weak and smelly cos she couldnt wash em with all the waxy tatt she used.
but now ive met this site and shall spread the word to those in need.

--
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
i dont think ive ever used a comb, even before my locks.dont seem natural somehow, maybe when the first comb was made from bone or wood... but even then why would someone do that to themselves?is there any reason to stop congos or is it just down to personal choice?
updated by @benjah: 07/22/15 12:18:06PM

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form