Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question about the "Lockin Up Shampoo"

ɥɐɾʞǝqsɐɹ redeyedreadi
@qs-redeyedreadi
12 years ago
29 posts
Yeah, Dan should try the bars! He would like those I bet.Yeah, my showers are pretty short lived nowadays :p
updated by @qs-redeyedreadi: 07/23/15 05:07:09PM
PeacewithDreads
@peacewithdreads
12 years ago
14 posts

Seriously? Seriously? OMG, I was thinking I was havingproblems dreading because of how often I had to shampoo my hair. Even though I add water, I still get sudsy hair when I scrub my scalp with the tops of my fingers, and palm pat my hair.My hair stillknots, but I am trying hard not to touch my dreadswhen I shampoo because it seems like I have these nice THICKdreads after each shampoo, when wet, but as my hair dries, they separate and thin out as if I have brushed my hair.So do you think I could wash everyday just to get some steady dreads started?

I had some "bling" in my hair wrapped with charms for about 8 weeks, and I had these nice THICK solid(1/2 in dia) dreads that formed and congoed around this threading, I took the threadout last week, and now today, those three dreads arethe size of 1 pencil, a chopstick, and embroidery thread.

I did the bead thing, but the beads eventually come out because my hair eventually shrinks and untwists.I'd have to retwist myhair to get the beads on, and I do not want to do anymore twisting and ripping.

Yesterday, after reading one of the postings about salt damage, I was convincedI had salt damage ,( I spritz my hair gently with salt spray 2-3x a week before wash)because my hair was kind of cripy when it dried, so I conditioned them yesterday so they weren't cripy, but then when I woke up this morning, it felt like I undid everything I worked60 days to accomplish. So, I used the shampoo this morning, and I got big fatknots again, so i put the gel on them to hold them in place, but I know whats going to happen when I go to bed. So should I try shampoo everyday? see what happens?

soaring eagle said:

i cant say for sure but i do have a feeling if u used it more straight and scrubbedthe scalp/roots with fingertips it would be less oily and dread faster

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

every 2-3 datys shoild be good especialy if u tend to be oily if yuour oily on day 2 try the next day and soon your not going to be oily on the day u wash

just not sure your getting the scalp clean enough that diluted and gentle

you wont be touching the hair rally just the scalp gertting it good and clean and as it rinses thru the hair it will clean it as long as its nottoo diluted

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts
I have been washing my hair daily and I did twist and rip. I compare my hair to other peoples timelines and for only being two months in my hair is making insane progress. After every bath my hair is changing and nottingh up like crazy. I even have natural dreads that are impossible to pull apart even with force and they only showed up in the last couple weeks.That said, if it takes a long time to dry your hair don't do it. Now that may hair is getting all matted and spongy instead of braidy I am more concerned about drying ans am cutting back to every two days or so. It is my opinion that washing as often as I did really made my dreads progress like they have. I also swish my hair around in the tub a lot just relaxing ib the warm water. My hair is always tangled to hell when I get out and I've had to separate them at least twice a week if not more. I just wrap my hair up in a turban for a few minutes and then squeeze them when the water starts running out again.I really ought to take and post more pictures.Pardon any formatting or spelling issues. I'm ob my phone. ..

PeacewithDreads said:

Seriously? Seriously? OMG, I was thinking I was havingproblems dreading because of how often I had to shampoo my hair. Even though I add water, I still get sudsy hair when I scrub my scalp with the tops of my fingers, and palm pat my hair.My hair stillknots, but I am trying hard not to touch my dreadswhen I shampoo because it seems like I have these nice THICKdreads after each shampoo, when wet, but as my hair dries, they separate and thin out as if I have brushed my hair.So do you think I could wash everyday just to get some steady dreads started?

I had some "bling" in my hair wrapped with charms for about 8 weeks, and I had these nice THICK solid(1/2 in dia) dreads that formed and congoed around this threading, I took the threadout last week, and now today, those three dreads arethe size of 1 pencil, a chopstick, and embroidery thread.

I did the bead thing, but the beads eventually come out because my hair eventually shrinks and untwists.I'd have to retwist myhair to get the beads on, and I do not want to do anymore twisting and ripping.

Yesterday, after reading one of the postings about salt damage, I was convincedI had salt damage ,( I spritz my hair gently with salt spray 2-3x a week before wash)because my hair was kind of cripy when it dried, so I conditioned them yesterday so they weren't cripy, but then when I woke up this morning, it felt like I undid everything I worked60 days to accomplish. So, I used the shampoo this morning, and I got big fatknots again, so i put the gel on them to hold them in place, but I know whats going to happen when I go to bed. So should I try shampoo everyday? see what happens?

soaring eagle said:

i cant say for sure but i do have a feeling if u used it more straight and scrubbedthe scalp/roots with fingertips it would be less oily and dread faster

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form