Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question about the "Lockin Up Shampoo"

LordMoe
@lordmoe
12 years ago
23 posts

So I bought a bottle of the Lockin Up Shampoo. The Dragon's Blood scent smells great. I used the shampoo yesterday and I can definitely notice a difference. My hair looks more matted than usual.

my question is: how do you guys and gals apply it? Yesterday I just slathered it on with a little bit of rubbing, as I would've done with any other kind of shampoo. I ended up using a good amount though, and it would be nice to conserve as much shampoo as I can so I don't run out too quickly. So I was just wondering how those of you that bought the shampoo go about applying it to your hair.

updated by @lordmoe: 02/14/15 03:31:24AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u only need a lil only on the scalp i do it in 1/4s right front right back left front left back just flip the dreads out of the way put a lil on the scalp and rub in then i rinse through the dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
LordMoe
@lordmoe
12 years ago
23 posts

do you think that would be fine for baby dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yup

--
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

Go to Sally's Beauty Supply or some other beauty shop which sells empty hair dye applicator bottles, the kind with the long tips you can cut off. Fill with a cup of warm water + a squirt of your liquid shampoo, gently swish around until it's mixed and voila! Shoot that stuff right down into the roots of your hair all over and then gently rub in.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy, as my kids say.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

why/

u dont got to dilute it

i guess ya can if u wanttho

--
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

its not for diluting. it just helps get the shampoo where it needs to go and you end up using less shampoo in the long run.

soaring eagle said:

why/

u dont got to dilute it

i guess ya can if u wanttho

ɥɐɾʞǝqsɐɹ redeyedreadi
@qs-redeyedreadi
12 years ago
29 posts
I would love to try it out the way heather suggested! Just because it sounds much simpler to apply it that way and my hot water doesn't last long :P
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

your hubby should try thebars maybe u can try the liquid

i do like that my showers are alot faster now haha and us alot less hot water (or water in general)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i cant say for sure but i do have a feeling if u used it more straight and scrubbedthe scalp/roots with fingertips it would be less oily and dread faster

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form