Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

essential oils for dreads and scalp health

Andrew DiBiasio
@andrew-dibiasio
3 years ago
8 posts

can I also mix them together? I can put two oils in one bottle and use that and it still has the sane effect? I just wanna make sure

updated by @andrew-dibiasio: 07/22/15 09:48:56PM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
3 years ago
588 posts

yes absolutely you can mix many different essential oils together in your mix. if anything i stick with a few drops of tea tree, rosemary, and maybe lavandar, just shake vigerously to mix completely and break down the oils as much as possible baking soda help this happen too.

Andrew DiBiasio
@andrew-dibiasio
3 years ago
8 posts

thanks man. Ima try lemon in my mix haha

Brianna Elizabeth
@brianna-elizabeth
3 years ago
19 posts
for the biotin, I bought capsules do I just take them daily are there other ways to use it?
michell loera
@michell-loera-clifford
3 years ago
11 posts

Just wondering How much i should dilute an essential oil? What would be themixing ratio?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
27,409 posts

very very diluted

like 1-2 drops a cup max i think i use 10-30 drops to a gallon

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
27,409 posts

daily without fail for months and months

Brianna Elizabeth said:

for the biotin, I bought capsules do I just take them daily are there other ways to use it?

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
rachael orme
@rachael-orme
3 years ago
3 posts
What would happen if I put concentrated essential oils on my dreads I got lice and I put a lot on my head after using the harsh chemical teeatments to kill them my hair was dry n brittle but I'm just wondering if Its harmful to my hair to put non dilutw
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
3 years ago
1,302 posts

Here is a link to help you in the future with dreads and lice, Soaring Eagles is the first reply to the post: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/how-to-get-rid-of-lice-in

Adding Tree Tea Oil regularly to your washing/shampooing will help keep them away from your dreads.

For your brittle hair, Mix 2 capfuls of apple cider vinegar mixed with 5 cups of water and pour on head after you've rinsed out your shampoo or whatever you use, leave it on for a few minutes for a deep conditioning. This will help balance the hairs PH. Normally the ACV would only stay on for no more than a minute because it is a conditioner and if over conditioned, your knots may slip out. I did not look how old your dreads are, but if mature, then they won't slip out.

Sorry to hear you got them, they are such a pain in the ass, everything about them. ...Peace

rachael orme said:

What would happen if I put concentrated essential oils on my dreads I got lice and I put a lot on my head after using the harsh chemical teeatments to kill them my hair was dry n brittle but I'm just wondering if Its harmful to my hair to put non dilutw
rachael orme
@rachael-orme
3 years ago
3 posts
Awesome yeah I've done vinegar and everything everuthings good so far because I caught them early but my boyfriend just found out he got them in hisdreads so iI've been using tea tree (my fav) cedarwood lavendar peppermint and eucalyptus. Yeah they really are a pain. Thanks for the advice:)

/ 10

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus