Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

beads and loose hairs

Heather Feather
@heather-feather
11 years ago
21 posts

Is it possible that the wearing of beads are stopping loose hairs from finding a home in a dread that has a bead on it? I have so much loose hair, which I know is normal at first but it seems like there is more and more everyday.

Is there a point where you can have too many beads? I'm only about 2 months along and I've been wearing about 10 or more of them. Maybe I should just hold off on wearing them at all?

Thanks!!

updated by @heather-feather: 01/13/15 09:48:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

your at 2 months

that says it all

nothing is going to cause more loose hairs then just the fact that your at 2 months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kaytea Elisabeth ☮
@kaytea-elisabeth
11 years ago
3 posts

i wondered that too.. im at almost a year and i have more lose hairs now then i have had in the last year..and i have soo many beads

Heather Feather
@heather-feather
11 years ago
21 posts

hahahahah I figured that was the case SE

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Loose hairs just want to have their own party, but eventually they will realize that it is more fun joining in the dready group, and they will. Then the party will be fantastic.

I have loose hairs still after 1 year, and I don't wear beads, so they really have no bearing on it.

Decorate your brains out and have fun with them!

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
My dreadies are almost a year and a half now. I have so much loose hair!! I dig it tho, I see changes in my dreads and my loose hair every day. It's all part of the fun!!
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

welln what can happen is the loose hair just goes around the bead. i wear mostly glas beads, and i have quite a few that are stuck in there until i break them because the loose hair just did its thing and the bead got stuck. im cool with it personally. wood beads are reportedly easier to remove becuse you can break them with pliers and get the pieces out.

so i would say, wear as many as you like, but check them often if yu dont want them to be semi-permanent

Pixiebird
@pixiebird
11 years ago
6 posts

I'm at the same stage as you. lol Started in January. I have learned that my wooden beads help a lot with my loose hairs but the glass beads just look pretty! I love them all! ^_^

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form