Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dandruff

Zack Croft
@zack-croft
12 years ago
18 posts

I finally got the oils for the BS wash and it's pretty awesome, but my dandruff hasn't gotten any better. It will go away when I was my hair, but by the end of the day it's back. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it?

updated by @zack-croft: 01/13/15 09:23:19PM
Zack Croft
@zack-croft
12 years ago
18 posts

wash*

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

stop using hot water?

change your diet even

how are u washing also herbs take time they work a lil day 1 lil more next yuse it might take weeks to get full eddffect

but cold rinse warn to cool washalso no salt and use acv

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
12 years ago
87 posts

My mom swears that when she eats too much sugar she gets dandruff. There might be something to that changing your diet thing. I have also had some luck with adding tea tree oil to the rinse.

Zack Croft
@zack-croft
12 years ago
18 posts

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone I'll be sure to try them out

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

Too much of any good thing can be bad, and unfortunately that does pertain to essential oils. They can coat the scalp and hair if you use too much. But they are healing and I'd have to say a MUST in a dreadies arsenal for healthy hair.

I'd watch how much baking soda you're using. Judge it by how your hair feels when you squeeze it out in the shower. Does it feel slightly tacky or not? Tacky= not enough. Not tacky= perfect. But if you've perfected your BS amount and still have dandruff then yup, EO's can definitely heal in a big way.

Tea tree oil is spectacular but watch how much you use. A little dab will do ya. It is the oilier of all the EO's out there. Don't overdo it. Peppermint is stimulating. Amla is actually a powdered herb which you can make a tea out of and use on your scalp as a treatment. It's a very nice tonic which strengthens the skin on the scalp but it does have a mild softening effect on dreadlocks.

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

SE's right, too. It does take a few weeks to see the effects of any changes you're making to your routine. I've noticed the past few months that my scalp has gradually acclimated to the changes I've made but it's been slow going. Patience and perseverance. Our scalp doesn't take change too well. It's stubborn sometimes.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form