Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

pasty feeling hair

tsteck11
@tsteck11
13 years ago
33 posts

hello family. I have been noticing that once I wash my hair with bs/acv that my roots, that is, the couple inches that have not dreaded, feel all pasty and gross, even after I have rinsed and rinsed and rinsed some more. This feeling persists after my shower until my hair is completely dry. I use bs with tea tree, rosemary, and lavander and then acv. Does this problem occur with anyone else, or am I doing something wrong?

much love,

taylor

updated by @tsteck11: 01/13/15 09:03:18PM
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts

Maybe alternate. Shampoo one wash... the next wash use acv/bs. There is a build up of natural oils, sweat and dead skin cells on our scalp because we can not brush it away. For me a good scalp scrub with soap then rinse, wash again rinse again gets rid of that gross feel.

I wash about once a week. I use the bs/acv about once a month. The rest of the time I use maylees. If I am out of that I use Kiss my Face brand shampoo called Whenever.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

define pasty feeling maybe your not used to a clean feel without residues?

or wet undreaded hair feel? i dunno what your feeling exactly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
ditto on the hard water. i had the same problem. try mixing a squirt of natural shampoo with your bs mix. i would cut down on the amount oils your using too.
tsteck11
@tsteck11
13 years ago
33 posts

ok i think it may be the hard water deal.
so i should
1. mix it up
2. less oils
c. have happy dreads

thanks guys

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form