Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi everyone! what do u think TNR or neglect?..

TarzansWifey
@tarzanswifey
13 years ago
19 posts

Hey everyone!

I never formally introduced myself wen i recently joined! I'm glad I found this site before I decided to give dreads another try. First time was a disaster cuz i used wax and they nvr locked up! It was soo gross too...ick. I got discouraged and didn't try again til now.

So i started my locks with twist n rip. Its a lil over a month later and im not too happy wit my sectioning. I know the point of TNR is to control the sections but i kind of half a$$ed the sectioning and i got all different shapes and sizes now (most are rectangular). I think its cool that its all different, but since my sections aren't even, I feel that i should have just neglected. I'm thinking I should have let my hair do its own thing instead of trying to make it a certain way. I guess I'm feeling some kind of strange TNR guilt........didn't see that coming! I also really dont like how some of them look like braids. Will my sections change at all or are they staying like this? Is TNR enough like neglect where the end result will be almost the same? Do u guys think its worth undoing and neglecting?

Thanks =)

updated by @tarzanswifey: 02/14/15 09:38:06AM
Ashley Eve
@ashley-eve
13 years ago
43 posts

mines pretty similar to yours and i actually really like it the way it is i think a bit of randomness is actually nicer that super uniform sections

tbh ive read alot of stuff here and else where and i think at the end of the day like alot of other things in life there are some people who see things very black and white theres only one right way to do things and they like to push their ideals on everyone else and make them feel guilty if they dont live up to said expectations of "rightness"

dont feel guilty for tnr your hair at the end of the day you do what you want its your hair :D
TarzansWifey
@tarzanswifey
13 years ago
19 posts
thanks ashley for your response =) i just wanted to add that I feel like my hair would do a better job with the sections than i did, and ultimately it would look better...not sure whether this is true or not
TarzansWifey
@tarzanswifey
13 years ago
19 posts
I just want to clarify here. I don't feel guilty because someone made me feel guilty about it. It's about me not being happy with the method i chose to start with.
Ms
@ms
13 years ago
11 posts

check out the timeline forum and have a look at some photos of the twist and rip timelines

i have only just started my first dread journey (natural) so i cant talk from experience. though i think checking out the timelines would be helpful for you

from what i can tell the twist and rip sections will come a fair bit undone as part of the process but it can just help to "organise" the sections so to speak

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

tarzans a lucky ape mann you are gorgouse your dreads will be gorgouse theres nothing wrong wwith the sectioning

u sectioned randomly do you think your hair woulde do any difgferent? maybe 1 section might be less recrangal more octagon and another less round more crescent shaped but in the end theyre gonna just go wild anyway so come on stop second guessing yourself anmd lets go swing from the trees talk to the animals and just be free of worry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
they look great! if you don't like the sections when they mature then you can always rip some into two. i wouldn't mess with them now.
Jordan Ezra
@jordan-ezra
13 years ago
9 posts
At time I feel the same way. I did TNR with a little backcomb about two months ago, and I like mine a lot but I feel that my sectioning is a little off. for example, I have more dreads on my left side then my right, and I'm hoping they will even themselves out. However, I do love the crazy randomness of my TNR dreaddies and their random sectioning. Gotta just try to embrace them because ya can't turn back now
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
13 years ago
90 posts
i personally think the sectioning is good and the hair looks good too, just dont worry about it. t'n'r is just a start to natural dreads and the secret of it all is not to worry about your hair, they will do what they want anyway... your t'n'r is really loose, so its like if u ve gone natural anyway... dont worry, be happy ;)
TarzansWifey
@tarzanswifey
13 years ago
19 posts
lolswing from the trees and talk to animals I like that!!

soaringeagle said:

tarzans a lucky ape mann you are gorgouse your dreads will be gorgouse theres nothing wrong wwith the sectioning

u sectioned randomly do you think your hair woulde do any difgferent? maybe 1 section might be less recrangal more octagon and another less round more crescent shaped but in the end theyre gonna just go wild anyway so come on stop second guessing yourself anmd lets go swing from the trees talk to the animals and just be free of worry

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form