Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi everyone! what do u think TNR or neglect?..

TarzansWifey
@tarzanswifey
13 years ago
19 posts
Great advice. i checked out the time lines and both ways look great, but i feel the calling to go natural.Thanks so much to everyone for the advice and compliments! I took all your kinds words into consideration, and (as silly as it sounds) i just couldn't leave the tnr in. It just felt wrong to me. I know leavin them in makes sense and is basically the same as neglect, but like i said, it just didn't feel right. Sooo after a few hours I got pretty much all of them out. Im much happier now, even though it dose'nt look like dreads yet.Much love <3

Ms said:

check out the timeline forum and have a look at some photos of the twist and rip timelines

i have only just started my first dread journey (natural) so i cant talk from experience. though i think checking out the timelines would be helpful for you

from what i can tell the twist and rip sections will come a fair bit undone as part of the process but it can just help to "organise" the sections so to speak

updated by @tarzanswifey: 07/10/15 09:04:22PM
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
Never feel like natural is the only way to go because the rest of the website says so. You must do what you feel is best (long as it doesnt involve wax of course). I applaud your decision to go natural just remember that your sections will be just as random if not more so. And be patient with them your hair will likely take a good awhile before it actually looks like dreads.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts

at the end of the day you need to do what feels right to YOU! we all have our own opinions, of course, but it's your hair and your choice! Big ups for going natural. I personally have never understood spending hours backcombing or t&ring to make your hair look like you've done absolutely nothing to it! I'm not putting anyone down I am happy for anyone that decides to dread no matter how they choose to do it as long as they are happy. If anyone asks me what method they should choose I tell em to read the faq and decide for themselves, but I personally couldn't dread any other way then natural...

edit>not trying to start a shit storm. I have much love & respect for all of you no matter what your own personal opinion is, I was just stating mine. Please don't call me a fascist cause i really don't think I'm better than anyone lol ;o)

CrazyDaizy99
@crazydaizy99
13 years ago
81 posts

Sorry to get in a little late on this, but I have both. I have some T&R around my face because when I started I wanted to see some quick progress. But the rest of my dreads are natural. I never thought about sectioning when I did T&R. I just tried to mess with the clusters as they were already grouping themselves. But the end result for me is that both are locking up at the exact same rate of speed. They both have crazy kinks. But the T&R sections are definitely a little neater and straighter and therefore alsolonger. The natural dreads are tight and kinky. You can look at my timeline for some pics if you'd like.

But honestly, I'd say leave them alone and enjoy what you have already done and don't worry about changing anything. They will change so much on their own that anything you have done this early won't make too much difference :) Even the ones you tried to control will still have a mind of their own ;)

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
she already took out the t & r and started over naturally...

CrazyDaizy99 said:

Sorry to get in a little late on this, but I have both. I have some T&R around my face because when I started I wanted to see some quick progress. But the rest of my dreads are natural. I never thought about sectioning when I did T&R. I just tried to mess with the clusters as they were already grouping themselves. But the end result for me is that both are locking up at the exact same rate of speed. They both have crazy kinks. But the T&R sections are definitely a little neater and straighter and therefore alsolonger. The natural dreads are tight and kinky. You can look at my timeline for some pics if you'd like.

But honestly, I'd say leave them alone and enjoy what you have already done and don't worry about changing anything. They will change so much on their own that anything you have done this early won't make too much difference :) Even the ones you tried to control will still have a mind of their own ;)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form