Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

please help!! weird feeling in dreads after wash

Michelle Nicole
@michelle-nicole
14 years ago
7 posts
ok i washed my hair today with maylees soap and i dont know if i used too much or if i didnt rinse well enough but my hair feels very grimy... and i had my sister help me rewash them with a little bronners soap and it STILL FEELS grimy! please help how do i get this yucky feeling out!
updated by @michelle-nicole: 01/13/15 08:47:30PM
Michelle Nicole
@michelle-nicole
14 years ago
7 posts
yeah but how do i get this crap out of my hair?!
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
i had the same problem with that soap. it felt like a greasy residue was left in my hair. i have the same problem with dr. bronners. i think it has to do with the hard water here in california. bs didnt remove it either. i ended up using some prell and my hair was left squeaky clean. i'm going to look into getting a water softener for my shower head but in the mean time i'm not using the maylees or bronners until i have mature dreads. now i just use bs and acv.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I Haven't used her soaps since she changed the way they were made, but yes, the hard water here in CA will cause that nasty almost sticky residue from bronner's. Chances are it's the hard water, and you'll have to start washing with baking soda and acv if you want to keep getting that squeaky clean hair feeling.

Heather said:
i had the same problem with that soap. it felt like a greasy residue was left in my hair. i have the same problem with dr. bronners. i think it has to do with the hard water here in california. bs didnt remove it either. i ended up using some prell and my hair was left squeaky clean. i'm going to look into getting a water softener for my shower head but in the mean time i'm not using the maylees or bronners until i have mature dreads. now i just use bs and acv.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I find bar soaps build up resi really fast. Just use it for your body and wash your hair with baking soda/water
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its your watersome water (hard water) wont rince oiut real soaps only detergentsreal soaps are better but hard water sux and leaves soaps behind thats why detergents were invebnted (typical huh add harsh chemicals rather then fix the water)adding borax wo;l help but u mighyt as well use the baking soda acvor get a water softener

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
z
@z
14 years ago
7 posts
hey, yes i had that same problem with dr. bronners. now i use Aubrey Organicsgreen tea clarifying shampoo. it works amazing and rinses out quickly to.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form