Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can you use body oils in your dreads

GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts
I bought some green tea body oil and it smells really freakin good, but it says on it green tea BODY oil and I was kind of wondering if it would still be ok to use my dreadies and add to my baking soda water. Its in a vile and I bought it from the store, a taste of africa or something like that.
updated by @gratefulnick: 01/13/15 08:46:49PM
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
The body splash that is recommended for wax removal is marketed as a body oil, I suppose if the oil you have has natural ingredients, like just oils, it should be perfectly fine.
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts
I surpose it could b worth a try, the liquid itself is really watery and not syrupy so that kind makes me think that a drop or two wouldn't hurt
Naomi
@naomi
14 years ago
20 posts
Be cautious with body oils, they won't Hurt anything, but more than a few drops willMake things really slimy! I've got a picture where my hair is super shiny. It took me a week to get it all out ofMy hair.
Naomi
@naomi
14 years ago
20 posts
Be cautious with body oils, they won't Hurt anything, but more than a few drops willMake things really slimy! I've got a picture where my hair is super shiny. It took me a week to get it all out ofMy hair.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
whats the ingredients?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts
Well the vile of green tea, doesn't list the ingredients, I did a test on my arm and it smells really freakin good, but little strong. But I imagine one drop in a gallon of water and baking soda would dillute it enough. I havent tried it yet but in a few days I might.I hate myself for saying this, but sometimes I miss the artificial smell of commercial shampoos.So thats why I'm kind interested in trying this green tea oil. And for the last 27 months, I've been using Baking soda, ACV and Dr bronners,Baking soda= no smellDr bronners= kind of has a weird smell, but the smells not so greatACV= smells pretty good and wears off after your dreads dry- also when I first tried ACV I got it in my mouth and didnt like the taste of it, now I like the taste of ACV which is kind of odd.I could also just dab a drop after I wash.I also havent tried herb teas, I do have access to alot of rosemary and thyme but dont really know what to do.Do you just boiling them in a pot of water and pour thru a sieve or filter and use the water right?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form