Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cleanliness - Dead Skin

Natasha Maria
@natasha-maria
14 years ago
4 posts
So I have had my dreads for 6 months and I usually keep them pretty clean. I notice every time I wash my hair, though, my scalp has a bunch of white paste on it. Like, I have to sit and scratch my head forever to get it all off and my head is sore and red when I get out of the shower. Haha, I'm just usually such a clean person and I cannot figure out what this is! Is this a problem other people have? Is it just dead skin cells or residue?Thanks so much for your help!
updated by @natasha-maria: 01/13/15 08:45:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its just normal dread skin that would be removed by combinguse the baking soda deep cleanse and it turns that into a paste that rinses right away u wont need to scratch your skull raw just pour ion soak awhile then rinse off

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Do you use Dr. Bronner's? Cuz I noticed a kind of film on my scalp and if I smell it it smells like Dr. Bronner's!
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Hey Netty, which Burt Bee's one do you use? Netty Mey said:
Oh no! I'm using Dr.b and ive been noticing my hair is looking greasy sometimes after I wash if I don't wash over it with burts bees...its the type of water maybe its leaving residues but STOP taking the skin off! Its not good for ur scalp and its probably causing it to produce even more excessive skin..if u Don't like bs/acv I'd recommend burts bees it leaves no residues and smells awesome. :-)

Panterra Caraway said:
Do you use Dr. Bronner's? Cuz I noticed a kind of film on my scalp and if I smell it it smells like Dr. Bronner's!
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
I was just getting on to ask this same question.The paste turns into, like a very thin helmet of dead skin once it's dry, I have been changing up my shampoo ingredients lately, less BS, a bit more oil and tea, I'm sure I just need to figure out what works best with my scalp and then allow time for it to adjust.
Radha Das
@radha-das
14 years ago
14 posts
I love Natures Gate shampoo. It has never left anything on my scalp and my hair is always clean. I use the herbal everyday. You can find it in any healthfood store or on the internet.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Thanx sweetie! I ordered 2 dread shampoo bars from Maylees but they haven't come yet and I do like Burt's Bees stuff! : ) Netty Mey said:
I use the pomegranate/soy one or the fennel seed/green tea one they have both worked in my hair. One says its for volume and the other says its a color keeper...they feel pretty nice and u can feel your hair tightening when u wash...and since I bought a giant bottle of Dr b before I knew it wasn't working anymore I wash with drb then over with bb's n still get the scents of both :-)

Panterra Caraway said:
Oh no! I'm using Dr.b and ive been noticing my hair is looking greasy sometimes after I wash if I don't wash over it with burts bees...its the type of water maybe its leaving residues but STOP taking the skin off! Its not good for ur scalp and its probably causing it to produce even more excessive skin..if u Don't like bs/acv I'd recommend burts bees it leaves no residues and smells awesome. :-)

Panterra Caraway said:
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
well this happened to me when i used the bs and acv rinse
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
I use the pomegranate one often. I love it!! I absolutely looove the smell of pomegranate and i have no idea if I'm spelling that rite! But it totallys works! It just seems like I have to use way too much to get all of my hair. That's why I'm countin on the maylees. Heard its has like a super duper lather so I can't wait.

Panterra Caraway said:

Panterra Caraway said:
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
I use the pomegranate one often. I love it!! I absolutely looove the smell of pomegranate and i have no idea if I'm spelling that rite! But it totallys works! It just seems like I have to use way too much to get all of my hair. That's why I'm countin on the maylees. Heard its has like a super duper lather so I can't wait.

Panterra Caraway said:

Panterra Caraway said:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form