Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my 3 week dredies saved just in time!

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
12 years ago
175 posts

so heres my story.....i finally got the guts to talk to a woman moved here from cali she had beaut dreds a burgandy color. ran into her many times but never talked to her in depth, saw her at church event ad asked if she could help me i had a few natural thick dred in back and another one in front but had no idea wat to do next or anything about dreds! so we exchanged info and planned to have her fininsh wat i had and help me along, for free very nice dred head stranger who is now a good friend. i believe she did hers the sme way and had a very rough time fixing itbut she has had hers a lil over ten years now, she claims she had to sew hers bac together and maintence daily to get them looking right.but learned afterward that she never did anyone elses just hers. she used a long tool with hoop on end and flipped and weaved to form my dreds. later i learned was not quite the desirable method and was starting to turn into a disaster once i got home with them they needed alot mor maintence and attention everydy. my common sence and help of warrior soaring eagle of dredlockssite. helped me to start fixing wat was done wrong. it would have left my scalp and root area a total disaster and eventually lead to a big mess later. there were dreds coming apart and spaces in between and in the middle and roots all seperate lil stands and spaces betweenparts of my dreds! he reassured me too stop wat my friend told me to do for maintence (which she asid to keep pulling peices through and pulling hard few times a week) he told me too just leave them alone for a while and they will start to do wat they needed too on their owneventually and may need to keep an eye no the areas to ensurre they r doing wat they needed to. thanks alot founder an creater of this site dredlockssite! soaring eagle peace and love b with u always. :) now my locks r 2 an a half or so months old and beautiful, check out the pics yourself ! jazzymomma

updated by @jazzymomma: 01/13/15 09:39:55PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you should get that friend to join here too maybe we can save hers as well

daily maintenance? they must be a wreck

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
12 years ago
175 posts

i told her a few times but then shell she that post story and kno its her lol yikes

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
12 years ago
175 posts

she did take photos as we were doing them i would like to get those copies to share of my journey tho lol

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
12 years ago
1,302 posts

Glad you found this site, it has saved so many people from damaging their hair and scalp from hooks, wax, rolling etc. Yes, it is unfortunate that many people expect instant looking dreads- which come at a price for the health of hair and scalp. With patience, natural dreads are formed with no maintenance, (only separating), are strong and healthy, and will last a lifetime. Better late than never....welcome...

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
12 years ago
175 posts

soaring eagle said:

you should get that friend to join here too maybe we can save hers as well

daily maintenance? they must be a wreck

Jazzymommas replys:

yea she has that hair loss and such u have been speaking of, she every few days pulls her dreds through at the scalp and keeps them real tight looks like it hurts! ur dreds r over dyed and very thin and damaged! shes been doing this over 10 years now! i dont kno how to tell the woman(shes white by way) shes one that mentored and helped me so kinda weird trying to tell her shes always been doing it wrong an such! how can i help her if i cant get her to join? it may be too late?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

just tell her that that causes traction alopecia and will make her go baldtell her tight roots=traction traction causes traction alopecia which causes balding and that she should b=not be doing anything to them at all

get her to at least read the site watch the video on thre damgers of interlocking

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form