Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

One of Many Reasons Interlockng is BAD

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

So my recovery story from interlocking starts with the creation of my dreads. Mine were made using interlocking, and I foolishly went to a loctition for the first 7 months of having my dreads. Each time my hair was interlocked, I'd play a little mental game with myself, "which hurts more, getting this done or the tattoos I have..." I never came up with an answer to that question. Now my dreads are just a few days over 3 years old, started free-forming just after 7 months old...I learned that just because a person is trying to help your dreads doesn't mean they really know the damage they are doing....now my dreads are just starting to get the floppy feeling many totally natural dreads have...and I wonder how long of a wait I have until my dreads stop being so stiff? From this experience, I learned that interlocking is probably the worst thing you can do. When my hair was younger, they were tight to the scalp and were just looking too maintained, I could see too much of my scalp for my liking, and it really wasn't all that much scalp either. LOL. I don't ever plan to maintain my hair again, if it can be avoided, which is the plan....this account left off that my roots had to grow out, and the sort of untwisting they went through was both interesting and kind of nerve-racking, to say the least.  

updated by @ravens-light: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

...Actually, upon recollection I may have only interlocked for the first 6 months

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

its definitely in the top 5 worse things you can do..possibly top 3

felting.. number 1 worse thing you can do (i won't include the incredibly stupid like super glue elmers glue etc) crochet interlocking those super tight styles locticians do..ever since vicki made wax b gone that's not in the top 5 anymore (i think)

so yea my best guess is felting interlocking and crochet would be the top 3 worse things that can be done to dreads that's commonly used today ..   and are hardest to recover from

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form