Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello! Im Alicia...just starting the journey! (my hair is a mess!)

Alicia Nicole
@alicia-nicole
11 years ago
5 posts

Hey, so I am super excited to be taking on this journey. I feel like so much in my life is changing in a positive way. I was depressed, and anxiety ridden all the time, eating processed foods, never exercising! I finally was able to fix the depression and anxiety...without medication...changed my diet to about 70% plant based. Quit smoking cigs, and started getting outside everyday. Most importantly Ive decided to get my butt back in school to do something with my life...something to help people (leaning towards health/nutrition or acupuncture...all things I LOVE researching in my spare time) Currently I am a stay at home mom, of two girl-my youngest is two and has super curly hair that will dread on its own...im on the verge of letting hers dread naturally too...but I am not sure if her daddy would like that. He's not to excited about me doing mine either...this im going in a more natural healthy way of life now, and whats more natural than leaving commercialized products out of your hair, and letting your hair do whats natural. (plus I can have so much more time to focus on other things...like my kids and my researching!) I figure since I am going through all these changes in my life, and should let my hair dread up, and hold onto the positive memories and learning experiences along the way. :) Thanks for listening!

Alicia

BTW: This is my 3rd day of deciding, 3rd day of not using a brush. (normally my hair is a ginormous frizzy mess, and now its messy in an all new light...ITS SEPARATING INTO ITS LITTLE BABY DREAD STARTS!

updated by @alicia-nicole: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

looks beautiful already :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alicia Nicole
@alicia-nicole
11 years ago
5 posts
Thank you Soaring Eagle!! :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

your girl looks like shes dreadin already too

might not be up to you..or him

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alicia Nicole
@alicia-nicole
11 years ago
5 posts
Oh she is! she has a couple defined dreads in the back. I didn't brush get hair yesterday...just from one day...but she had reaaaaalllly curly hair...so its probably much easier. :)
Antonio Llamar
@antonio-llamar
11 years ago
27 posts

just make sure to stay away from wax and wash and separate and just let them be!!

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Yyyyay, welcome!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form