Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Opinions on the "Just 4 Dreads Locking Up Shampoo"

Antonio Llamar
@antonio-llamar
11 years ago
27 posts

just wondering whats the best and cheapest shampoo i can use and or make is..

http://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

updated by @antonio-llamar: 02/15/15 08:24:04AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the shampoos on there are by far the best cheapest is probly baking soda acv but best is those ..id recomend them highly all i ever ue now and wont use anything else

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i use the bars but if yours arent mature eithers fine but liquids besrt for harder to dread hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Liquid is also gentler on baby locks. You don't have to scrub with the bar. You can massage the soap in with your finger tips. That allows for better control over how you massage your head.

I have a few new babies that are a little weak on top of my head. So right now I'm using the BS/ACV wash. But as soon as they get more mature and stronger, I'll switch back to the bars. I love how light and clean my hair feels after using those soaps. Much better than the BS/ACV wash. But I can't afford to spend money on soap right now

Premo
@premo
11 years ago
30 posts

I alternate between "Just 4 Dreads Shampoo" and BS/ACV. One bottle of Just 4 Dreads goes a long way, especially if you do use BS/ACV occasionally as well. Affordable and it's good quality both in cleanliness and scent. Definitely worth buying it.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Best shampoos ever for dreads, especially if you have hard water. www.Dreadlockshampoo.com only adds in vegan and organic ingredients, never using any that deplete the rainforests. FANTASTIC

just in case you do not know, Vickie, the creator of those products, is a member on this site!

Antonio Llamar
@antonio-llamar
11 years ago
27 posts

Thank you all! and one more question how do i use BS/ACV ?

i kno that SE said something about teatree oil and lavender..which im not sure how to aquire

But if i was just to use BS/ACV how would i go about it?

Premo
@premo
11 years ago
30 posts

(I'm a 4 month dread noob but..) I usually use 1/3 cup of backing soda in a big bowl of water - it's probably just shy of a gallon's worth of water. Then I add in 5 to 10 drops of Rose Mary essential oil, sometimes I add lavender as well. Then Mix it up. After I wash with that I use the same big bowl and add just a few cap fulls of the ACV and mix it with water. The first time I used ACV I used way too much, like a cup worth and it set me back pretty far.

Antonio Llamar
@antonio-llamar
11 years ago
27 posts

Where can I find these oils?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Almost any natural food store, Whole Foods, some at Trader Joe's, or http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/ has the biggest selection at an incredible price

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form