Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads and jobs

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
theres just about a million websites and thousands of spanmmy emailsd and well its hardto avoud hearring aboiut that job..ive head about it so much i assumed nobody made enough to pay the net bils doing itjust google medical transcriptions from home you'll see a hell of alot or look on craigslist ot any job site theyres so many listings for that trpe thing that its hard to find anything on real jobs (umm i mean jobs u go to etc) Kris D. said:
gosh, how did you get this job?! I'd love to do that; or get my husband to do this, as he's disabled and has trouble finding work :(

marlamom said:
i actually have a great job for dreads. i work from home as a medical transcriptionist. no one sees me except for my profile pic on my AIM cause that is one way we communicate. i also do it because i wanted to stay home with my kids, so its a great way to make money and be with my children. and have dreads!!!!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
love u em ive always been alergic to bosses too and never cared about money enough to want a normal job Emily said:
well i dont know, im going to school for environmental science in the fall. something outdoorsy. but i should get a part time job before then i just dont want to lol.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Started growing my hair while working at a 7-11. Between my work ethic, bringing people in because of my party nature and having a memorable appearance. As long as I showed up, they loved me. Was working at a greyhound rescue. They are looking for reasons to keep me on but it's accepted that right now they have to deal with budget cuts.So atm I'm back on the market for someone to pay me to be myself. haha. A job to me is effort that I put in, the money is a pleasant side effect. =DDon't get me wrong, I'm a total capitalist. But putting forth the effort in anything is so much more rewarding than anything monetary.
Jayne
@jayne
14 years ago
2 posts
I've been in the restaurant industry for 5 years and have had 4 different jobs in 3 different parts of the country as a server. I'Ve never had a problem because I present myself well at interviews and on a daily basis at work. A couple of the restaurants, I'm sure, hired me partly because I DID have dreads and they wanted a certain look for their restaurant. It could just be that I'm a KICK ASS server, too. :-P
Rasta Fozzy
@rasta-fozzy
14 years ago
14 posts
I am a Defense Contractor. I work as a Systems Analyst doing Integration and testing for different Military projects. I was hired on before i started locking up my hair. I had been with this company for about two years. This being my third time locking i had seen the way some ignorant people act to dreads. So i was quite nervous since i work in such a professional environment. but i had figured i've shown my skills and put in work and didn't feel like i would catch too much hell. for quite a long time i would always where a tam at work. then eventually people of course started asking if i had dreads and i could not lie. i kept wearing the tam and i believe i finally sported them on Halloween when i dressed as a pirate. everyone loved my costume and i think a few people were not sure if i was wearing a wig or not. but now i wear my dreads out quite a bit at work. i still wear a tam or a bandanna as to keep my hair out of the way. mostly people just ask the normal questions that we all hear almost on a daily basis. "How did you get your hair to do that?", "do you wash your hair?" so anyway it has gone pretty smoothly and i have a promotion coming up. so all i can say is "Grow your dreadlocks and don't be afraid of the wolfpack" -Sir Bob of Marley-
Zack2
@zack2
14 years ago
1 posts
Did you work at your job before or after you dreaded your hair? I did my hair a little more than 3 months ago and I had no job at the time. Now i need one pretty badly though. Matthew said:
RootsDr
@rootsdr
14 years ago
4 posts
Family Practice physician. Started my dreads 3 yrs. ago during training. Haven't gotten any slack...mostly just admiration from the people that notice them (I keep them tied up). Haven't wore them down yet....I am working on it! I know of one other doc (female) whom I worked with that had dreads...they were beautiful (until she cut them off). I now am starting a new job...got hired with most of the dreads in...not sure if they noticed or not..oh well...should not have mattered anyway...p.s....I do live in a very liberal area on the CA coast.
Claudia
@claudia
14 years ago
1 posts
I'm still waiting to see what college will say. I highly doubt that they will do anything. They can't refuse to accept me just based on hair! Finding a summer job might be a little more tricky but as long I can prove that I'm good for it then I don't see why there should be any problems.
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Right now I have two jobs. Doing laundry at a hotel...so I'm hid away in a basement. lol. And massage therapist.Dreaded after I started both. Everyone's had to say really nice things about my hair, or they just don't mention it.
updated by @pixie: 07/22/15 05:22:32AM
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
I'm a caterer and a full-time student. Considering I study biology and anthropology I don't run into anyone that doesn't like them.At work I make and serve people their food and have never once run into a problem with my dreads (or tattoos and piercings). I have had people come up to me and apologize but they just HAD to let me know how nice my hair is :-)

/ 16

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form