dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Neglect Timeline (9 Months update)

mortaskuld
@mortaskuld
11 years ago
27 posts

it seems to be separating a little more. here is pic from 7/28 and 7/30

still working on the dry scalp, it seems like if i wash shampoo out right away its not as dry, but when i let it sit its really bad. ive been using more of the salt spray too, one bottle is finished and started the 2nd one.

progress is very slow, but my hair seems to have grown a bit, so it all works out.

updated by @mortaskuld: 07/17/15 09:23:47PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I can see the separation now, much better. The Himalayan Sea salt spray does not have to be washed out like a homemade version of sea salt. The reason being is that Vickie puts other natural things in her spray, so safe to keep in. Are you still washing 2-3 times a week? The more you wash, the faster it dreads. You only need to scrub the scalp with your fingertips, when you rinse out the locking up shampoo, it will run through the rest of your sections, cleaning them as it goes.....I see in your pic with the red t-shirt on is that you have a habit that I am still trying to break, tucking your hair behind your ears. After almost 1 1/2 years, mine are still not dreaded where I tuck them behind. hard to kick the habit, I know...but you may want to try. I ended up backcombing the sections around the ears last weekend and spray it daily with the Himalayan spray, worked so far and stayed in. Been catching myself still trying to tuck, but harder to do now that they are dread forms, so I catch myself more. Other than that, they were as straight as the day I begun my journey....peace

mortaskuld
@mortaskuld
11 years ago
27 posts

yeah i try to not tuck it behind, but its hard to keep it out at work then i just unconsciously do it. ill try harder not to. i wash every 2 or 3 days, and i have been keeping the spray in, i think thats why it seems to be separating more? the only thing bothering me is the dry scalp, its ok if it takes a long time to dread

mortaskuld
@mortaskuld
11 years ago
27 posts

7.5 months? not a whole lot of progress. still washing every 2 days usually. hair gets oily in front after 2.

dry scalp is going away. not from product, but from diet i believe. cut back on wheat and recently quit altogether. seems to have helped with skin (as well as other a few other things)

updated by @mortaskuld: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm that is a lil slow what are you washing with

how

and how are you drying

have y tried a wool sweater over the pillow?

the pink sea salt?

im thinking its time to try something new

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
mortaskuld
@mortaskuld
11 years ago
27 posts

i was using the lockin up liquid but recently switched to this stuff

washing i just shampoo scalp and rinse out. i dont dry it, just let it air dry. also i am out of the pink sea salt (used 2 bottles)

i used a wool sweater for a while but it it didnt do anything. i think it was wrong kind of wool. i did buy a wool tam though that is rough, but i dont wear it. would it help if i did wear it? i dont care too much anymore though, as long as they come eventually. no rush

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u can try wearing it

u say your oily?

you might want to try the baking soda (no acv) for a few weeks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
mortaskuld
@mortaskuld
11 years ago
27 posts

been almost 9 months. last month or so there seems to have been more progress than the last 8.

SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
11 years ago
58 posts

Don't give up! Hang in there. It will eventually fully form.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form