Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Before i start dreading, i need some advice ! (Which Method)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats not true at all you wash as often as u want just not every day cause dreads take so long to dry

and oily skin is cacidic skin you stop using shampoo and use baking sida you nudge the ph to the alkaline side and wash less often it gets less oily if you strip oils daily your skin panics and goes into survival mode and over produces oils to compensate

so washing with bs 1 day less then 1 day less till your at 2-3 times a week will make u lrss oily

also thyme tea sprayed on and left on reduces oil production as well

also

hot wash remioves oil then freeezing cold rinse seals pores sio no oil productuion

and i will tell u we constantly have ppl who started with tnr start over naturaly it really is the best way

Jessica said:

I always assumed with all natural you washed you hair less often , maybe once , twice a week.
My hair gets very oily, VERY fast. And ill break out bad.
Id like to avoid that and have some control over where the dreads form and their size.

So i feel after looking a little more into it , the Twist and Rip method will be perfect

soaring eagle said:

why cant you go natural everyone can

im really confi=used why you say you dont have the right..skin..for natural? that makes no sense skin has nothing to do with it

you certainly can go natural and sounds like thats exactly what u want

but you can twist n rip too

absolutely do noy go to the hair police ive seen their site its 1 of the worse i ever saw dread perms re the worse method there is and they claim its the best

total ripoff

dreading is as easy as not combing or u can just use those 10 lil fingers to tangle your hair

350 for dreads ids a ripoff since dreads happen on their own for free

and again u can go natural

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 07:47:46AM
Jessica9
@jessica9
12 years ago
27 posts

Should I start washing like this to prepare my hair?
Im a lazy child and wash my hair maybe one or twice a week.

soaring eagle said:

thats not true at all you wash as often as u want just not every day cause dreads take so long to dry

and oily skin is cacidic skin you stop using shampoo and use baking sida you nudge the ph to the alkaline side and wash less often it gets less oily if you strip oils daily your skin panics and goes into survival mode and over produces oils to compensate

so washing with bs 1 day less then 1 day less till your at 2-3 times a week will make u lrss oily

also thyme tea sprayed on and left on reduces oil production as well

also

hot wash remioves oil then freeezing cold rinse seals pores sio no oil productuion

and i will tell u we constantly have ppl who started with tnr start over naturaly it really is the best way

Jessica said:

I always assumed with all natural you washed you hair less often , maybe once , twice a week.
My hair gets very oily, VERY fast. And ill break out bad.
Id like to avoid that and have some control over where the dreads form and their size.

So i feel after looking a little more into it , the Twist and Rip method will be perfect

soaring eagle said:

why cant you go natural everyone can

im really confi=used why you say you dont have the right..skin..for natural? that makes no sense skin has nothing to do with it

you certainly can go natural and sounds like thats exactly what u want

but you can twist n rip too

absolutely do noy go to the hair police ive seen their site its 1 of the worse i ever saw dread perms re the worse method there is and they claim its the best

total ripoff

dreading is as easy as not combing or u can just use those 10 lil fingers to tangle your hair

350 for dreads ids a ripoff since dreads happen on their own for free

and again u can go natural

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its a good idea and i bet ya if u wait 2 weeks to tnr u wont even bother causw u already will be dreading

wait 1 sec i got 1 more thing for u to read gotta find it

--
Jessica9
@jessica9
12 years ago
27 posts

haha alright, thank you! (:

Jessica9
@jessica9
12 years ago
27 posts

I liked the link. It is true .

I have another question or two.

I was told i have a dry scalp, will these washes help ?

And if i do choose TnR, how do i section hair? I know , dumb. But i feel like i could be semi hard to do.

Do you just grab the amount of hair you want and start from there ? Or make One inch squares and such ?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no dont make 1 inch squres thats silly if you leave the hair uncombed days toi weeks ..days d=for you i bet it sections itself perfectly

ok i thought u had oily scalp

the bs acv recipe is very customizable to condituions if your dandruffy use acv after and add treatre and rosemary to the bs

if oily skip acv till yoir more dry and add thyme

--
Jessica9
@jessica9
12 years ago
27 posts

I have a weird head.
Im told i have dry scalp.
But my hair gets oily very fast?

So i have both dry and oily.
Idk how it works. I dont like it.

But ill use those and see how that works!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

also try washing with cooler to cold water and finnish with a cold rinse

dry ..and oily scalps are agrevated by hot water tho hot helps remove oils both dry and oily are helped by at least a cold final rinse

--
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I noticed that no one has said anything about your palm rolling question. Try not to excessively palm roll your hair because it causes tension at the roots, in turn, causing breakage.

You mention Wednesday 13 and I am guessing you mean this:
If you want more of a natty dread then you don't want to smooth down the hairs. Let them tangle and they will go through stages before maturing (zig-zags, lumps, loops - then they will round out with a bunch of texture.)

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form