Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Intentional community suggestions?

Cloud Creator
@cloud-creator
12 years ago
8 posts

i was interested in hearing some peoples experiences and opinions and recommendations on intentional communities. please share

updated by @cloud-creator: 02/14/15 06:02:06PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

moved it where it belongs

ive wanted to start an ic for years now i was thinking earthships or ecodomes either way if we wab[-nted an income wed have a pick to plate restaurant everything grown on the land, picked no more then an hour or 2 before being served the resteraunt would be a earthship the seating area in the grenhouse where spices and herbs would be grown around the tables so you can pick yiur seasonings to add to your food (as well as grapes and mints and other stuff like tbat) also came up with the idea of community homescholing since both public scholpls and homeschooling has drawbacks a combo ..multiple families educating multiple kids so they interact and make freinds but in small classes with groups of parents sharing the teaching rwsponcibility

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cloud Creator
@cloud-creator
12 years ago
8 posts

those are really good and interesting ideas. im looking for a suitable ic for me to put a yurt on and start a eco friendly and self conscience life

soaring eagle said:

ive wanted to start an ic for years now i was thinking earthships or ecodomes either way if we wab[-nted an income wed have a pick to plate restaurant everything grown on the land, picked no more then an hour or 2 before being served the resteraunt would be a earthship the seating area in the grenhouse where spices and herbs would be grown around the tables so you can pick yiur seasonings to add to your food (as well as grapes and mints and other stuff like tbat) also came up with the idea of community homescholing since both public scholpls and homeschooling has drawbacks a combo ..multiple families educating multiple kids so they interact and make freinds but in small classes with groups of parents sharing the teaching rwsponcibility

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yurts are awesome

well in tenasee theres a rainbow community forming

id really love to get alot of land and start my own

Cloud Creator said:

those are really good and interesting ideas. im looking for a suitable ic for me to put a yurt on and start a eco friendly and self conscience life

soaring eagle said:

--
Cloud Creator
@cloud-creator
12 years ago
8 posts

yeah im hoping on purchasing one soon, putting it in the backyard of my families house were in now. and while im staying here ill be making it more self sufficent by adding solar panels,, composting toilet, rain catching system , water filtration and some other things. and i hope to find an intentional community that i can contribute to and move my yurt there.

soaring eagle said:

yurts are awesome

well in tenasee theres a rainbow community forming

id really love to get alot of land and start my own

Cloud Creator said:

soaring eagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u looking at the ones from colorodoyurt.com? i love the sunpath window idea on those

yurts are great if u need to be semi mobile but ecodomes are where its at for max eficiency

--
Cloud Creator
@cloud-creator
12 years ago
8 posts

yeah and other places. the sunpath window is cool

yeah ecodomes are really good but i like the mobility of a yurt.

so do you have any suggestions on trying to find an ic

soaring eagle said:

u looking at the ones from colorodoyurt.com? i love the sunpath window idea on those

yurts are great if u need to be semi mobile but ecodomes are where its at for max eficiency

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

depends on if u want an already huge well sestablished 1 thats hard to get into or a newer 1 where you will be helping to dep]velop and build it

i know everal that fit the later category and need ppl to get involved

i know a few huge 1's too but they aqre much harder to get accepted into

Cloud Creator said:

soaring eagle said:

--
Cloud Creator
@cloud-creator
12 years ago
8 posts

i want a slightly established one. but also one that is still in progress and that i can help develop and grow.

soaring eagle said:

depends on if u want an already huge well sestablished 1 thats hard to get into or a newer 1 where you will be helping to dep]velop and build it

i know everal that fit the later category and need ppl to get involved

i know a few huge 1's too but they aqre much harder to get accepted into

Cloud Creator said:

soaring eagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

any part of the country preffered?

i think the roundhouse community might be worth checkin out

theres also the mesa

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags