Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baking Soda and Sea Salt ratios

LEON BRENDAN DAVIS
@leon-brendan-davis
12 years ago
7 posts

Thank you my freind, I have 1 inch lenght hair and i'm freeforming my dreads from scracth. No combing, wax or shampoo. Just let nature take its course with baking soda and apple cider vinegar.

vivian kensington
@vivian-kensington
12 years ago
5 posts

ive been using dreadheadhq shampoo, happened across this site, and have sure learned a lot. this is an amazing post!!! so super helpful, and i was looking for some good ratios, so i knew i was doing it right. thanks for saving my scalp!

batt
@batt
11 years ago
13 posts

can you mix bs, sea salt and essential oils together? also do you guys rinse with acv after every bs wash? TIA!

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Yes you can mix them together. And yes, it's highly recommended to do an acv rince after every bs wash. Bs raises the pH of your skin, which can dry you out, cause severe itchy flaky skin. Acv resets the pH making your scalp happy, healthy and itch free. Just don't mix the bs and acv together, they react and cause fizzy foam. Mix too much together and it can react rather explosively.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

The only time you'd not use ACV after each wash is if your hair is naturally too oily. Oily hair means it's already too acidic. The BS will raise the pH level bringing your scalp back to a healthier range. Once it stops being oily (It can take a few weeks), then you'd slowly add ACV to your routine once a week then twice, then for every wash if it still doesn't get oily again.

Patience
@patience
11 years ago
51 posts

This is a really useful thread. I knew I used too much vinegar last time as where it ran onto my face felt a little burnt afterwards so this will take the guesswork out of getting it right next time. Thank you!

Helen  Louise Murphy
@helen-louise-murphy
11 years ago
4 posts

first I would like to say that I'm so in love with this site!!! I have taken out most of my extensions and have begun the twist and rip method, thus far, best decision!! I am loving the measurements because I was so confused yesterday and then voila- measurements today! I do have one question- how do you dry your dreads? thus far, I have used a dark towel but i have noticed fuzz and I want to avoid that.

Sam Martin
@sam-martin
11 years ago
9 posts

How do you dry for new locks (natural 2 weeks)?

updated by @sam-martin: 07/17/15 04:50:41AM
Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

i bought this one and i love it.

http://www.amazon.com/Culligan-HSH-C135-Hand-Held-Filtered-Showerhead/dp/B0006VVN18/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359244258&sr=8-1&keywords=culligan+hand+held+filtering+shower+head

it says to replace the filter every 6 months but i found out that you can actually flip the filter around and get another 2 months or so out of it. when my baking soda doesn'tdissolvethen i know i need to replace the filter. its done wonders for our skin too which is a bonus:)

Zach C.
@zach-c
11 years ago
39 posts
Thanks these help a lot

/ 9

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form