12 years ago
26 posts
Wow. That was very unnecessary and wrong
updated by @xephyre-nae: 07/23/15 04:42:21PM
Rude Bwoy
@rude-bwoy
10 years ago
40 posts

I got $10 that says he probably had some salon dreads thatended up falling out, or getting ruined due to products/mold.

Now, I am not in the least bit racist. And I have lived with & around African American people my whole life.

Am I the only person who wants to point out that his 'culture' has some of the worse hair care habits known to man?

I have seriously questioned people, as to rather or not most black woman have short hair naturally, or if the bad ways they 'take care of it' over the course of thousands of years has caused it to ruin and be like that.

I have seen white girls & the mother of my kids actually. Who grew up around mainly black people just like me.(Just to reiterate, Aside from my mom. My closest friends, or as I would call brothers are black.)

She did stupid stuff like using an Iron on her hair, crappy productsetc. growing up, because she was learning the stereotypical hair care procedures africanpeople use.

Needless to say it made her hair frizzy and crappy. And coming from the ghetto, people just joke around "Oh your a white girl with black girl hair!." No...She ruined her hair the same way you do following your stupid ways...

I have seen plenty black woman with long beautiful hair, but guess what. They don't follow the traditional ignorant ways of their culture...

I don't know if people just don't realize you can get dreads naturally? Or they actually think that using products and twisting their hair constantly is a good thing?

But if I was going to copy hair care/a hair style/ or techniques from 1 culture directly. I'm not going to pick the one that has the most harmful and stupid practices...

I think the reason most of these people post these kind of racist topics, is because they are mad that they started their dreads using horrible unnatural methods, andeventuallyended up having to shave their heads to look like Obama or George bush. So the get mad/jealous at the people who DONT practice those non-natural methods, and can actually grow and keep beautiful, healthy hair. (Most black people with dreads, and I am only really referring to american ones all have fake salon dreads,Most white people with dreads again Americans, are hippie/all natural types...So I could see where jealousy would pop up in certain people.)

Again, I am not racist. But I just think that in general, the African Culture has the absolute worse habbits when it comes to maintaining hair, and I can't see why anyone would copy that...

Not to mention, as far as I know. Dread locks didn't become a real part of the 'black power movement.' oreven a concrete part of 'rastafarianism' until recent history...When your talking about something as old as humanity its self(dreadlocks), why should we be restricted by the meaning it took on in the last couple hundred years?

Not to mention the black power movement is no different then the K-K-K and I don't respect or acknowledge racist power groups. And I can't picture any ->Real<- genuine loving caring rasta being offended by non-black people wearing dreadlocks...

One more thing I will point out, Notice that he only focused on white people...Doesn't mention any asian people with dreads spanish peopleetc. Because his post actually had nothing to do with dread locks. It was all about how white people are born with silver spoons and no grasp of reality.

I got 2 replies to that.

1. That is not true for all white folks.

2. Buddah was born with a silver spoon too, a prince in a sheltered life...

edit: I want to say this also. If this guy was basing his decision off of white people who do crochet hook dreads. I would agree 100% with him, they look stupid as can be...But that doesn't make it wrong imo...

Actually, I think all of the pictures he posted aside from 2 or 3 actually do look pretty bad, theyeven look like they are fake or started fake to me =/. I wont say which ones for 2 reasons.

1. I don't want to offend anyone.

2. Beauty is subjective. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean they don't.

interrstella
@interrstella
10 years ago
41 posts
Am I the only one who read that like the author has an issue with white kids with dreads because he thinks that they have to be manufactured?A slightly misinformed comedy writer on the Internet who didn't really think or know what he was speaking about?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

pretty much

but i had a racist on youtube claiming that noone without african hair has natural dreads and we are all liars because we dont have the melonin needed to dread naturaly and they are superuior because they have dominant genes..he insisted i had to backcomb and use wax or ud never have dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

so true..i grew up around rastas with awesome dreads i knew most of the move folks (tamona pam etc the africa family that was bombed) and worked with mumias nephew so was only exposed to natural african dreads till many years later

when i started seeing salon dreads on afrucanamericans i didnt even think they were dreads..just braids or weaves..it wasnt till i started this site that i realized all the crazy things they didto dread

i lived in an all black gheto too (once shown some love and rainbow magic it became the most beautiful loving peaceful spot in the city..safest too)

but i saw alot of w3hat you describe women walking around with fried hair with clumps missing from too tight weaves..in fact daily youd find handfuls of someones weave lying in the gutter or on the sidewalk (if u could call the cyumbling chunks of concrete overgrown with weeds a sidewalk..noone ever used it as 1 just walked in the street)

when i dreaded my rasta freinds gave me nothing but respect

in fact the only 1 that ever said anything even remotely condescending was jah levi who just cut his 45 year old 14 foot dreads and all he said was something to the effect of "you need to be more spiritual for your dreads to flourish"

..not more black (hes white) just more spoiritual

racists are lacking in spiritual awareness..if they werent they cou8ldnt be racists

Rude Bwoy said:

I got $10 that says h e probably had som e salon dr eads that end ed up falling out, or g etting ruin ed du e to products/mold.

Now, I am not in th e l east bit racist. And I hav e liv ed with & around African Am erican p eopl e my whol e lif e.

Am I th e only p erson who wants to point out that his 'cultur e' has som e of th e wors e hair car e habits known to man?

I hav e s eriously qu estion ed p eopl e, as to rath er or not most black woman hav e short hair naturally, or if th e bad ways th ey 'tak e car e of it' ov er th e cours e of thousands of y ears has caus ed it to ruin and b e lik e that.

I hav e s e en whit e girls & th e moth er of my kids actually. Who gr ew up around mainly black p eopl e just lik e m e.(Just to r eit erat e, Asid e from my mom. My clos est fri ends, or as I would call broth ers ar e black.)

Sh e did stupid stuff lik e using an Iron on her hair, crappy products etc. growing up, b ecaus e sh e was l earning th e st er eotypical hair car e proc edur es african p eopl e us e.

N e edl ess to say it mad e h er hair frizzy and crappy. And coming from th e gh etto, p eopl e just jok e around "Oh your a whit e girl with black girl hair!." No...Sh e ruin ed h er hair th e sam e way you do following your stupid ways...

I hav e s e en pl enty black woman with long b eautiful hair, but gu ess what. Th ey don't follow th e traditional ignorant ways of th eir cultur e...

I don't know if p eopl e just don't r ealiz e you can g et dr eads naturally? Or th ey actually think that using products and twisting th eir hair constantly is a good thing?

But if I was going to copy hair car e/a hair styl e/ or t echniqu es from 1 cultur e dir ectly. I'm not going to pick th e on e that has th e most harmful and stupid practic es...

I think th e r eason most of th es e p eopl e post th es e kind of racist topics, is b ecaus e th ey ar e mad that th ey start ed th eir dr eads using horribl e unnatural m ethods, and ev entually end ed up having to shav e th eir h eads to look lik e Obama or G eorg e bush. So th e g et mad/j ealous at th e p eopl e who DONT practic e thos e non-natural m ethods, and can actually grow and k e ep b eautiful, h ealthy hair. (Most black p eopl e with dr eads , and I am only r eally r ef erring to am erican on es all hav e fak e salon dr eads, Most whit e p eopl e with dr eads again Am ericans, ar e hippi e/all natural typ es...So I could s e e wh er e j ealousy would pop up in c ertain p eopl e. )

Again, I am not racist. But I just think that in g en eral, th e African Cultur e has th e absolut e wors e habbits wh en it com es to maintaining hair, and I can't s e e why anyon e would copy that...

Not to m ention, as far as I know. Dr ead locks didn't b ecom e a r eal part of th e 'black pow er mov em ent.' or ev en a concr et e part of 'rastafarianism' until r ec ent history...Wh en your talking about som ething as old as humanity its s elf(dr eadlocks) , why should w e b e r estrict ed by th e m eaning it took on in th e last coupl e hundr ed y ears?

Not to m ention th e black pow er mov em ent is no diff er ent th en th e K-K-K and I don't r esp ect or acknowl edg e racist pow er groups. And I can't pictur e any ->R eal<- g enuin e loving caring rasta b eing off end ed by non-black p eopl e w earing dr eadlocks...

On e mor e thing I will point out, Notic e that h e only focus ed on whit e p eopl e...Do esn't m ention any asian p eopl e with dr eads spanish p eopl e etc. B ecaus e his post actually had nothing to do with dr ead locks. It was all about how whit e p eopl e ar e born with silv er spoons and no grasp of r eality.

I got 2 r epli es to that.

1. That is not tru e for all whit e folks.

2. Buddah was born with a silv er spoon too, a princ e in a sh elt er ed lif e...

edit: I want to say this also. If this guy was basing his d ecision off of whit e p eopl e who do croch et hook dr eads. I would agr e e 100% with him, th ey look stupid as can b e...But that do esn't mak e it wrong imo...

Actually, I think all of th e pictur es h e post ed asid e from 2 or 3 actually do look pr etty bad, th ey ev en look lik e th ey ar e fak e or start ed fak e to m e =/ . I wont say which on es for 2 r easons.

1. I don't want to off end anyon e.

2. B eauty is subj ectiv e. Just b ecaus e I don't lik e it do esn't m ean th ey don't.

--
Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
10 years ago
64 posts
Notice also that he states that it is a FACT that dreadlocks need wax.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

no noone has but we had a loctician banned back when dreadlife hacked us (who was a member of that site) who sent me dozens of hate fulled racist emails after being banned

if anyone made a racist joke here they wouldnt last long

i had to ban a couple sexists too

gletser said:

I'm sure not one person on this site has ever made a racist joke, not even in their own head.

rest easy folks. nobody takes that @*$&% seriously.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

same thing the racist on youtube claimed.. well all non african dreads needed wax..lies

Jamison Johnston said:

Notice also that he states that it is a FACT that dreadlocks need wax.

--
Owl Lady
@owl-lady
10 years ago
30 posts

Ignore it ..don't give them the power, as long as you are happy it doesn't matter what other people think

DRS
@drs
10 years ago
47 posts

Oh wow. Not cool.

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form