Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Racist dreadlocks page with SE in it

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

So do I Tyler.. I don't think people should conform to what society thinks is right. I have been fighting society since birth and I will continue to do so. I say be who you wanna be, how you wanna be, when you wanna be. Don't EVER let anyone limit you or you're just limiting yourself. RAGE!!!!!!!!!

Tyler said:

hahaha Wow... Dreads are awesome,but everyone has their opinions. I hate the the whole "White people shouldn't have dreads." debate. I find it highly ignorant and just flat out ridiculous.

Anyone can have dreads. I hate the society we live in today. If you're a certain race,then you have to be a certain way.That is so pathetic.

updated by @karrington-3: 07/23/15 04:45:00AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well come on cant we laugh at them? they wrote it for a laugh so isnt it ok to laugh ayt their ignorance?

i noticed the page had no comments if u wanna educate em go right ahead
Avery said:

They only make fun of it because it is unknown" to them now. Society has developed so much and has become so reliant on tecnology now any thing natural is considered a taboo. They have lost their connection with nature thus they shun anything that is considered natural or animalistic. All we can do is try to educate people:/.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u should vent in the comments on that page ..cause u know sooner or later more ignorant ppl will comment too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Teresa
@teresa
13 years ago
6 posts

On the other hand, I totally understand where some people are coming from, with the "why do you have dreads if you're not [insert ethnicity and/or spiritual belief here]?" spiel. Cultural appropriation isn't just a buzzphrase made by people hellbent on political correctness; it's an actual thing, and the term itself is self-explanatory. For example, all that "Native American" and "Navajo" shit that Urban Outfitters sells is cultural appropriation (and, because they're doing it for monetary gain while stealing from real Native American and Navajo crafters, also exploitation).

As someone who's really involved in social justice activism and diversity training in educational and corporate settings, I sometimes experience "white guilt" over my dreads (even though I'm Chinese ...) because I DIDN'T get them for any cultural reason, or because I identify myself as part of a cultural diaspora, or because I had any spiritual reason.

I just wanted to try something new, and see where it led me. And I also thought I'd look good with dreads. Compared to why other people start dreading their hair, that's incredibly shallow.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

yeah thats the truth. im surprised i never saw this before. i used to be on cracked a lot and yeah many articals are funny, but i have never read anything that was like this and as specific. what a douche move cracked.com what a douche move.

Avery said:

They only make fun of it because it is unknown" to them now. Society has developed so much and has become so reliant on tecnology now any thing natural is considered a taboo. They have lost their connection with nature thus they shun anything that is considered natural or animalistic. All we can do is try to educate people:/.
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts

It seems like the people who say white people shouldn't have dreads more likely just hate white people, I mean this guy even seemed to acknowledge that dreads didn't start with black people. Really strange

Andreas R
@andreas-r
13 years ago
5 posts

Cracked is a comedy website. They even contradict their previous articles, just for laughs. Sure, you can simply not like their humour, but if cracked offends you you're clearly doing it wrong.

Edward Jeffrey
@edward-jeffrey
12 years ago
18 posts

Gabe McCoy said:

It seems like the people who say white people shouldn't have dreads more likely just hate white people, I mean this guy even seemed to acknowledge that dreads didn't start with black people. Really strange

I really don't understand the whole "dreads are for black people" thing. Both the Celts and the Picts wore dreadlocks, and it seems pretty unlikely to me that people from Western Europe at that time would have ever come into contact with anyone who wasn't of the same racial descent.

If you're referring to where he says the ancient Egyptians wore dreadlocks, then I should say that the ancient Egyptians were actually black. There is a lot of confusion about this because when scholars first discovered the civilisation they came up with various theories of how Egypt could have been populated by Asian or Arabic people because they wouldn't believe that one of the most advanced civilisations that has ever existed was in fact built by black people. Hooray for racism :L

The Knatty Lioness
@the-knatty-lioness
12 years ago
4 posts

OK so I had to check it out n my opinion it takes a douchebag to know a douchebag, n reality all he did was make this site more popular cuz people are gonna search se pic out, i wanted to just blast him in a comment but i refuse to give that site access to me or my world. Hopefully one day he will get his head out of his ass before he faces his maker and has to explain why he made slurs against the lords hairstyle, i wholeheartedly feel their will b more locks in the heareafter than people realize. JAH RASTAFARI

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

Yes, it is depressing that the exception to the rule is so sought after. But that's our civilization today. We just have to work toward a better one with ourselves and our loved ones. Change will happen through contact.

I'm working on a daily experiment and so far the results have been both alternately horrifying and pleasing on a visceral level. I'm happier for it. It's kind of hard not to be happier. It's physically impossible to not be happier while doing it. What's the experiment? Smiling at people. Anyone I pass within twenty feet of. A simple nod, smile, and keep going. The results are bizarre and not what I expected. But then again, this is from the supposedly 'privileged white perspective' right?

Results: minorities smile more frequently at strangers than whites.

Go figure. White people are less friendly? Or we're just more uptight? Maybe I'm generalizing here in a very oversimplified social experiment. Maybe blacks are simply more vocal about hair than whites? I don't know.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form