Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
ash barrow
@ash-barrow
14 years ago
11 posts
Heyy. hope people still read these. had my puppies bout 7-8 months now. they were black to start with. then decided to bleach them. now im scared theyre really weak. a bit has snapped off one allready where it was thin near the end. dont want to loose any more! help!!!
updated by @ash-barrow: 02/14/15 04:56:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

1st off u palm roll and waxs u never ever ever want to wax or palm roll

2nd bleaching can weaken them badly but the wax is a worse concern

get the wax out do jojoba treatments stop psalm rolling use the deep cleanse to clean when the wax is all fone

what else had u dont to them we need a full history of everything u tried

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

pics too pleasee your hair type..full background

bleaching can cause this but im more inclined to think u interlocked crochetted felted or something like that altho alotta palm rolling can do it too

it might be the vleach tho its possible

if so jojoba vitamin e..conditioning is the best thing for u but dont over do it the wax made your 7 month old dreads more like 7 week old dreads so too much conditionintgs no good

getting the wax out tho must be top priority the good news is if u use the body splash wax remover it will solve both problems at the same time

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

well how can you rinse out bleachh whenwax is in the hair

bleach could be trapped in the wax i dont know if wax repells bleach like it repells water so the water may not have ever gotten to the bleach

if theres still bleach in the wax still frying the hell out of the hair then its gotta get out

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

yea im not sure either but thats why i was thinking the body splash would be best cause its conditioning and will remove wax at the same time

and u can squeeze out alot b4 u scrub so u can wait a week or 2 condition swqueeze out alit gently then move on to scrubbing whe theyre stronger

its a tough 1 but i definately think pantera should take a look at this

oh also she used beeswax so its extra hard to get it out

--
ash barrow
@ash-barrow
14 years ago
11 posts
Shit man.. Erm my dreads were made by backcoming. have croched them a few times, to get in loose hairs. used dreadhead wax on numerous occasions, bleached it 2ce and used a conditioning hair dye to colour them. what should i wash with to make sure all the bleach is out? will put a picture up now.. x
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

the crochet is probly the most responcible for the weakness then unless they feel totaly fried

u never want to crocher ir use wax

if they feel totaly fried tryuy a mix odf jojoba and vitamin e

then throw away the crovchet hook never ever ever poke holes in dreads and then get all that nsty wax out

id do a deep cleanse with the baking soda and johjoba

then a vinager jojoba rince (2 tablespoons of the bs in 2 cups water same for the vinager after rinsing out the bs and maybe 20 drops jojoba in each..

crochet recovery takes a long time and wax takes alot to get out too

--
ash barrow
@ash-barrow
14 years ago
11 posts
Pictures
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
in the future bleaching and abusing dreads is not good poking hioles caking them in gunk..bad ideass if u must lighten them use lemon juice to lighten them gradualy it wont fry them like bleach

--
ash barrow
@ash-barrow
14 years ago
11 posts
I presume you mean jojoba oil? and what type of vinegar should i use. wana get this right and save my babies :)
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form