Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What's cooking tonight?

HendrixMama
@hendrixmama
14 years ago
61 posts
Ooh, my husband LOVES any fruity crisp... I have made a few in the past month or so for him. You are a busy cook; cake, jerky... what a nice mama! I love to make food for my family too. How do you do your jerky? I made some a while back in our dehydrator which was eaten up quick, but since I don't eat meat I don't know how it tasted! Hope your food makes it to your daughter and she enjoys!
updated by @hendrixmama: 07/13/15 12:08:03PM
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
Hi Hendrix,The jerky that I have been making and it has been very well received by all who have tried it.Mexican Lime Jerky2-large jalapenos...leaving the seeds in will make it hotter***I add a couple of chipotli to this recipe for flavor and heat1-cup fresh Lime juice1-quart of Mexican beer...such as Corona or Pacifico beer1/2-cup soy sauceCoarse salt..for sprinkling before drying meatI place the first 2 ingredients in a mini food processor, blend, place that in a large zip-lock bag and add the soy sauce, beer, meat.Marinate meat for 6-8 hoursDehydrate for about 10 hours at about155 degree on your dehydratorIf you do try this let me know how the others like it.We too eat very little meat...but I do like a good jerky. I am to get some venison soon too and that should make some great jerky.peace***I have been buying beef tips, cheap cut of meat and really works well for jerky.. Slice that into 1/4 " thickness.Let me know if you have any question.

HendrixMama said:
Ooh, my husband LOVES any fruity crisp... I have made a few in the past month or so for him. You are a busy cook; cake, jerky... what a nice mama! I love to make food for my family too. How do you do your jerky? I made some a while back in our dehydrator which was eaten up quick, but since I don't eat meat I don't know how it tasted! Hope your food makes it to your daughter and she enjoys!
Cage Free
@cage-free
14 years ago
41 posts
Awesome Jerky recipe! My partner has been wanting a totally natural, sugarless recipe for-evah!Thank you!!
HendrixMama
@hendrixmama
14 years ago
61 posts
Thanks! I will try this recipe out, my husband says nothing is ever too spicy, I will let you know how it turns out. It will be a perfect snack for him on our 27 hour train ride to North Dakota in 2 weeks!
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
WOW, enjoy your x-mas in ND, lots of snow and cooooold!!

HendrixMama said:
Thanks! I will try this recipe out, my husband says nothing is ever too spicy, I will let you know how it turns out. It will be a perfect snack for him on our 27 hour train ride to North Dakota in 2 weeks!
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
OH Good!! I think you will like this one, little spicy and heat, which I like...you can control that with the amount of jalapenos and chilpotle. Please let me know how it turns out for you too.Cage free all the way. peace

Cage Free said:
Awesome Jerky recipe! My partner has been wanting a totally natural, sugarless recipe for-evah!

Thank you!!
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
14 years ago
411 posts
OMG Thank you for the jerky recipe, I am a huge jerky fan and my husband has found a new love for spice this sounds perfect! Also...we made homemade pizza last night lol my kids love piling on cheese and pepperoni and turkey sausage...nothing as good as you all made but it filled us and my kids had fun :P tonight on the other hand I have not yet decided what to make was thinking a jambalya might be good!
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
Hey hi,Do you have a good to great jambalaya recipe...from scratch? I just put my marinated Mex Lime beef jerky into the dehydrator...soooo that will be done like about 2-4am in the morning tomorrow. When I make it I do try to really blend up the jalapenos up really tiny, so that when I put it into the dehydrator small pieces will still be on the jerky. I also pat the jerky, to get it as dry as I can before I place it in the dryer too. I hope this makes sense....if not just let me know. Are you using a pizza stone? If not...try to pick one up...great crispy crust. Tonight we are have fried Cajun cat fish, potato salad, collard greens, red beans and rice, corn bread with jalapenos & cheese. Do let me know how your jerky turns out to ..please.peace from this momma with dreads
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts

I would love to make the quiche! Asparagus is my FAV!!!! Soooo where do you work so I can run out and apply there...LOL! Lucky folks you work with!!!! Thanks for sharing!

momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts

Hi Natural Womyn,

I made the quiche for our dinner and the cheesecake for work. I did cut a slice out of it first. It is just that my husband and I are alone now that the kids are all grown up and out on their own and not even in this state (Michigan). We can NOT sit and eat a whole cheesecake, way too much for us. I miss cooking for my kids...soooooo I over cook and take it into work. I work at a sporting good store, lots of young folks and they just love to work when I work...to see what I bring in for them. I enjoy all the complements too of course. I work there just to be around younger folks....remind me of my own. Anyway, enjoy your day and try making quiche...it is pretty easy. Let me know if you need a recipe or go online and do a search.

Peace from a momma who has dreads

NaturalWomyn said:

I would love to make the quiche! Asparagus is my FAV!!!! Soooo where do you work so I can run out and apply there...LOL! Lucky folks you work with!!!! Thanks for sharing!

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form