Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

starting my natural dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
seperate less only seperate ones that are growing too thick but i would not let em get too thick an inch is thick ..judge it by the root section size not the dread a 1/4 inch baby dread can become an inch thick

gregory portes said:
wat would you do if you want thick dreads

soaringeagle said:
as they start to form u will see them naturally section then knot
seperate clumps as they form from other clumps
just make sure none are too big (lift 1 clump carefully feel the roots section size that will be the dread size if its too big and another section has hais connecting to that 1 seperate them

they will dread up without effort the only control u need to asdd is to seperate ones u dont want growing together

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/09/15 09:59:56PM
tyler updyke
@tyler-updyke
14 years ago
14 posts
haha, i like that, i learn so much from this site! thanks for that info but i dont wanna put him in jail and ruin our relationship to start dreads a month early.and id like to talk to him in the future,he holds one hell of a grudge and if i do that a couple months before i move out it would leave one hell of an impression.

soaringeagle said:
shaving your head in your sleep is illegal its technically assault
assault and battery are 2 different crimes assault covers acts like forced hair cutting
battery is the actual violent beatting
but assault covers other harmful acts
u can make him a deal if he doesnt shave your head in your sleep you wont throw him in jail
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u dont gotta all u need is for him to know the law and that u could what impression would he leave by shaving your head in your sleep?u can compromise ofcourse but i would let him know that u know yoir rights and that forced hair cuts are assault under the law so any compromising you do you do voluntarily and any threats he makes are empty threats or could land hjim in alotta trouble if he folloews through

tyler updyke said:
haha, i like that, i learn so much from this site! thanks for that info but i dont wanna put him in jail and ruin our relationship to start dreads a month early.and id like to talk to him in the future,he holds one hell of a grudge and if i do that a couple months before i move out it would leave one hell of an impression.

soaringeagle said:
shaving your head in your sleep is illegal its technically assault
assault and battery are 2 different crimes assault covers acts like forced hair cutting
battery is the actual violent beatting
but assault covers other harmful acts
u can make him a deal if he doesnt shave your head in your sleep you wont throw him in jail

--
tyler updyke
@tyler-updyke
14 years ago
14 posts
thats very true, ill tell him tommorow and well see how that goes, and i probably wouldnt speak to him ever again if he shaved my head. im totally against hair cuts and what not and i always refuse to get it cut and im starting my dreads that ive wanted for a very very long time so i would never be able to forgive him for that.
tyler updyke
@tyler-updyke
14 years ago
14 posts
corporal punishment is legal in new hampshire, he can hit me spank me shave my head and i cant do anything about it.

tyler updyke said:
thats very true, ill tell him tommorow and well see how that goes, and i probably wouldnt speak to him ever again if he shaved my head. im totally against hair cuts and what not and i always refuse to get it cut and im starting my dreads that ive wanted for a very very long time so i would never be able to forgive him for that.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
so is self deffencealso id look into that law corporal punishment might be legal but ..as a punnishment..beattings spankings forced hair cuttings without reason are child abuse not punishment

tyler updyke said:
corporal punishment is legal in new hampshire, he can hit me spank me shave my head and i cant do anything about it.

tyler updyke said:

--
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
All your father asked was for you to wait til Christmas. He is even gonna get you residue free shampoo to do it with. A month is only 30 days....no big deal. And you can start your journey fresh on the New Year!!! Sounds like a plan to me. Dad will be happy , you will be happy ....sounds like a win win situation to me:)I have an aunt that loves me very much....and would never ever hurt me.....but she teases me. She doesn't love my hair but she does love me. Yesterday after the family Thanksgiving meal she pulled at a dread and said "so when are you gonna cut these off?" I replied "Never ,gonna keep em forever." She laughed and said "one of these days I am gonna catch you asleep." She was teasing...she would never ever do something like that. But when she said that it made me think of this post.I don't know him but your father was probably doing the same...just teasing.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
im not sure if it was him but someone who joined recently did have thesyre dreads cut off in theyre sleep..

--
tyler updyke
@tyler-updyke
14 years ago
14 posts
i think he just wanted me to wait until after we visit my family and i respect that and it isnt very long and itll be alot easier to remember when i started them(i have a very hard time remembering dates) so thats another plus.
Michelle Hallett
@michelle-hallett
14 years ago
24 posts
I ditto the baking soda and vinegar. Had scalp problems my whole life until I started using plain old baking soda (wash) and vinegar (rinse) and it cleared right up!

soaringeagle said:
look in your kitchen
baking soda and vinager
thats all u need
theres also an amazing dread soap in our shops here called maylees gardens

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form