Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A Couple Questions

Amadu Jalloh
@amadu-jalloh
14 years ago
7 posts
Hello everybody my name is Ahmad and this is my 2nd attempt at dreading my hair the 1st one was a very wonderful experience to say the least but the more ppl kept discouraging me away from getting dreadlocks that's the more i felt hesistant and i cut it. So now i'm at my 2nd attempt now with gel-twist again. And i've noticed now more than anything my hair itches like crazy both times i barely washed my hair because i was told it's easier to lock when you don't wash it all. So now my question is there a way to wash them while they're in gel-twist cuz i'm afraid that if i do so it will make all of my twist come out. I've used sulfer 8 but it seems whenever i do it would make my twist come out. I've used seabreeze it's meant to kill the dandruff but i'm just scared on washing it. Also, i get em re-twisted almost every 2 weeks and i started again in October how long do you guys think it will take to officially lock up.. i will apperciate any advice i can get... everybody else i seem to talk is bored with my constant talk bout dreads i felt like this would be the perfect place to be speak openly and freely bout my love for dreads thank you in advance
updated by @amadu-jalloh: 01/13/15 08:50:08PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
stop listening to locticianswash your hair but use a residue fress shampooif the gel twists untwist good it will dread on its own gek twists arent dreads and u nevcer5 ever want to retwist every2 weeksleave em alonewash emweekly at least but 2-3 times a weeks bestwhoever said thety need to be dirty dont know a thing about dreadsclean hair dreads bestuse the baking soda deep clean or a non residue soap like the maylees garden bar in our shopsthen do nothing no retwisting just wait keep clean let em dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok those are way way too tewisted u should pray for them to untwist when u washlook at the section size then look at the tiny lil twist comming out of itthe dread when mature will be the same size as the sectionso the dread now is about 1/5 that sizetightest twists ive ever seen thats not goodthey need to loosen alot to dread rightnever trust a salon any salon for dreads!as they loosen they will begin to dreadno gel no twisting needed but well if they get dry and brittle then use a lil bit of aloe (only pure aloe no other ingredients) or jojobau dont want em all gunked up like they arethose will dread eventualy but poorlyyour better off letting em dread on theyre own more naturallyand twisting every 2 weeks is ..insane

--
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
If you want dreads grow dreads. Don't let other people change your mind. You can't please everyone....but you can please yourself :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha yeaaa dont ever let anyone influence your choice to dreadnow i read your pageu gunk em up with gell to make em hardhowws hardended hair going to dread?to dread hair must be soft and flexible enough to move movement causes knotting knitting causes dreadingyour gel twists will always be hardened twisted hair untill u wash that out let it move freely and dread up on its ownthey cant move when they are plastered down against your head like thatafter u wash shake yoir head like a dogget them loosing up and movingfrom there they will dread fine if u leave em alonetwists can become dreads ofcourse if u let em so can braids..so can untouched hair that u do nothing tobut..constantly trying to force em will not worku will just have hardened twists and thats it

--
Amadu Jalloh
@amadu-jalloh
14 years ago
7 posts
Thank u I get what all of y'all are saying but I work too so it's real hard to look unpreseantable for work so I guess that's why I feel the need to have em retwisted every 2 week but I'll try to em wash out or just rinse and just leave it like that and don't do nuffin 2 it hopefully I won't have to wait long but thank u guys I've never.I've never been soo excited about anything but dreadlocks has me hyped I can't wait
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
retwisying every 2 weeks isnt gonna make any difference for a job trust me
do u thinki the average employer can tell the difference between dreads twisted to death and dreads left alone?
if 2 dreads walk in with identicle skills and 1 has twisdted dreads and bald gaps between and the other natural dreads that are left alone both dreads are kept clean and smelling nice (u said u dont wash yors that will really not go well with the boss)
will they hire only the twisted dread dude? nah if the skills are the same they will hire the dude who smiles the most speaks more clearly sounds more inteligent and freindly and pressents themself the best

they will see u have dreads either way if theyre predjudiced against dreads it wint matter if theyre twisted or not

but u can have a convo with em and compromise on what they expect u to dso and what your willing to do to be presentable
and i bet u no employer will ever say make sure u have bald areas around each dread..lol

--
Amadu Jalloh
@amadu-jalloh
14 years ago
7 posts
ight cool i wet it today n now they all frizzed up n they're as loose as u described i'll take a pic n show u guys i plan on leaving like this 4 as long as i can as well i hope ur rite Soaring Eagle
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea they will dread great now the looseness is good it alows em to dreadthe only times id ever retwist is if thry compoletely lose the section shape and fall apart completelywhich they most likely wont dosee they frizzed out so much cause no real dreadings taken place they were just all hard and geled together u released the gels hold and poof they fuzz it probly in 8 weeks u got 1 weeks actual progress and thats the state they are in and will dread much better from here but they will be lil loose till they tighten it shouldnt take too too long with youir hair but wont happen in a dayaltho sleeping on em tognight u should see some lil progress alreadylets see the pics

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form