Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

First time meeting parents.

Monique Wilson
@monique-wilson
14 years ago
9 posts
Hey, I'm an 18 year old girl, And my boyfriend is 25, today we are heading to his sisters wedding, and it is the first time I meet his Family. I'm stuck on what to do with my hair, Their only 5 months old, so their still messy, But I get great compliments when I do put them down. I really want to impress the parents but not sure what the greatess way to do so.Anyone Got any Ideas?
updated by @monique-wilson: 01/13/15 08:49:29PM
MT_mommy
@mt-mommy
14 years ago
13 posts
Do what makes you comfortable. Sure there is a certain amount of nervousness meeting the fam for the first time, but just be yourself. Keep in mind that your boyfriend's parents are likely going to be more focused on the wedding, entertaining guests, etc so there's a good chance they won't even notice your hair to make judgment. Just make sure that the style you choose and your attire is appropriate for the wedding. If it's a black tie event, don't dress like you're going to a rave or something (best example I can come up with this early in the morning). After all, it's not 'your day', its your boyfriends sister's wedding, so be respectful of that fact. I think how you portray yourself (positive, vibrant, unique, polite, etc) will be the first impression, not just your hair. Make sense? Most of all, have fun!!!!
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
14 years ago
411 posts
I have to agree w/ the others, be you and be confident. If you're really worried ask your boyfriend his thoughts and to help you find a "suitable" way to wear your hair, have fun and don't stress too much!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
maxe is right let your personality shineu wont impress by trying to dress to impress u will only impress by being an impressive personality a sweeet smile and warm helloprove u care and have his best interests in mindjust make it seem u are not a bad influence and thats all they will care about

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Monique Wilson
@monique-wilson
14 years ago
9 posts
Thanks guys! Everything went good yesterday and today! I ended up putting it in a lowerside ponytail, haha looks classy but still has some style :) I was myself with them, Their really easy to get along with, and the wedding was magnificiant!!!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form