Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Resection Matured Dreads?

Savannah
@savannah
14 years ago
3 posts
When I started my locks around two yrs ago now, i didnt use a mirror, i just sat down and grabbed random bits of hair, and started knotting it up etc..So my sections have become quite uncomfortable, and dont seem to be quite right. I'm figuring I may just rip some and try to re section it that way and then maybe lightly crochet some back together just a bit..if any one has any previous knowledge, advice, or opinions, it wold be greatly appreciated!
updated by @savannah: 01/13/15 08:49:16PM
Savannah
@savannah
14 years ago
3 posts
they arent square or round just strange shapes..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what do u mean 1st off never crochet dreads ever in any way for any reason2 whats it matter how u section u never had to section at alli never sectuiooned and just let em dreadif all u mean is the sections are criss crossing and yoir not seperating so thats why its unconfortable then just seperate thoroughlyrip 1st then wiggle a finger under anty connecting hairs too close to the scalp to rip and pull up do it when hairs wet and if its too hard use lil olive oil on the connecting hairs to loosen enmseperate weekly fotr awhile and they no longer will be uncomfydude strange shapes is normal why would u want square or round sectuioms?seriusly u pay too much attention to the wrong sitessquare sections are for square peopleboring fools that think dreads should look like jonny clean candlesdreads sections should be strange shapes

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Savannah
@savannah
14 years ago
3 posts
great advice, u r totally right..
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
hmm if it's super uncomfortable/painful you could try to separate them, talk to knottysleeves I'm pretty sure she did some separating to her dreads that were a couple years old. Everybody's hair is sooo different though. Mine are only about 7 months and there's no way I could rip these suckers apart!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form