Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have week old dreads I washed, now IM SCRATCHING!!!

Yamila Lynn
@yamila-lynn
14 years ago
3 posts
!! I was feeling just a little bit itchy with a lot of oil build up since I didnt wash my haro for 2 or 3 days before I started my babies. But now that they are a week old, and felt the need and urge to wash, everything is fine with my dreads I jast have SEVERE frizz and my scalp is itching me SOOOOO much! I'm pretty sure I'm freaking out about nothing since its supposed to be normal and I apologize in advance if I'm reapeating this topic but i neeeeddd help >.
updated by @yamila-lynn: 01/13/15 08:45:27PM
Yamila Lynn
@yamila-lynn
14 years ago
3 posts
thanks!! will do then!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what did u wash with?dhhq shampoo tends to cause extra itching

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Yamila Lynn
@yamila-lynn
14 years ago
3 posts
no, I didn't use DHHQ but I did use prell, its a residue free shampoo that takes residue away from hair. it doesnt have the sls ingredient so dunno, it does smell weird though, it smells like dog shampoo haha!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
non residue and residue removers arent the same thing they strip away residues so they are great for predreading getting the hair right to dread but wouldnt use em after dreading..or so i have heard anywaytry the baking soda followed by acv with teatree and rosemary and a cold rincethat should do the trick\add pepermint if u want too Yamila Lynn said:
no, I didn't use DHHQ but I did use prell, its a residue free shampoo that takes residue away from hair. it doesnt have the sls ingredient so dunno, it does smell weird though, it smells like dog shampoo haha!

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
yep it sounds like it could be your shampoo. "Prell Shampoo is a clarifying shampoo and is free of alcohol. It has got a pleasant fragrance. The ingredients of Prell shampoo are Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate , Cocamide Dea, Ammonium Xylene Sulfonate, Fragrance, Sodium Phosphate, Disodium Phosphate, EDTA, Benzophenone-2, Sodium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, FD&C Green No. 8 and FD&C Blue No. 1."

that's a lot of chemichals! Some people don't think it's a big deal it really is a decision you need to make for yourself.

here's some info on ALS that is in the shampoo you're using

you may want to try something more natural and see how your scalp responds. try the BS wash or a natural non residue shampoo.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

try these www.dreadlockshampoo.com

you'll feel better in no time

yea the prells harsh and very toxic only meant to be used a couple times a year

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus