Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Heya from scotland

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Hey Scotland...I would probably love your accent (that is if I understood you! Lol) I find that using Dr.Bronners, followed with about a cup of baking soda to a scrub bucket of water is great for me. I noticed you said you were only using water, so no wonder you are greasy! I love the acv, but I find it slows my knotting so I use it very infrequently, but I use the same measurement of about a cup to a bucket of water. Aloe vera (100% pure, preferrably from the plant) is great for frizziness when used like a hair gel (no need to rinse it out). I also find that sea salt spray is wonderful for knotting up the hair, I have relied on it lately. Some folks here can give you the recipe for that, as I just collect ocean water for my hair ( I don't wanna go locate sea salt!). Other than that, wear a lovely wool tam and don't look in the mirror or comb yourself out...you are on your way! Glad to have you here! Welcome!!!!!! Adam said:
oh is there a recipe for it? thanks!!

ashley said:
I was wondering what ACV was at first too...apple cider vinager...I think i got the spelling right...

updated by @panterra-caraway: 07/23/15 10:50:33AM
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
14 years ago
66 posts
Ahh another Scottish one! I'm from Scotland to (:I had extremely oily/greasy hair to start off with because I was so used to washing my hair every day, but I cut it down to every 3rd/4th day and after a couple of wash my hair was a lot better
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
Hey :) you should join crochet and dread tools recovery group :) im a pusher lol i got my dreads made crochet then stumbled on this site and have never maintained. If you have super greasy hair then you could be washing your hair too much.There is also a Baking Soda Wash group lolI mix my Baking Soda in a cup with water and pour it over my head then pour apple cider vinegar over the top...i like the fizzing though i think i heard its not great for you so i dont do it all the time,I used to live in Edinburgh...was a trolly dolly on scotrail lol loved Scotland, plan on going back for some hiking eventually!!!
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
Hi and welcome Adam:)Honestly, baking soda is amazing for washing when used with salt water in a spray bottle, your hair should lock up good and there's heaps of options to give a light pleasant aroma too. Stick around and share the journey!
Adhamh
@adhamh
14 years ago
9 posts
Oh nice where you at? Dundee here haha! Mannie 'Love' said:
Ahh another Scottish one! I'm from Scotland to (:

I had extremely oily/greasy hair to start off with because I was so used to washing my hair every day, but I cut it down to every 3rd/4th day and after a couple of wash my hair was a lot better
Adhamh
@adhamh
14 years ago
9 posts
Edinburgh is amazing! My fiance is from there! Thanks for the insight! Everyone is very helpful and I think I will be getting myself some baking soda in a few minutes haha! TC! karen said:
Hey :) you should join crochet and dread tools recovery group :) im a pusher lol i got my dreads made crochet then stumbled on this site and have never maintained. If you have super greasy hair then you could be washing your hair too much.

There is also a Baking Soda Wash group lol

I mix my Baking Soda in a cup with water and pour it over my head then pour apple cider vinegar over the top...i like the fizzing though i think i heard its not great for you so i dont do it all the time,

I used to live in Edinburgh...was a trolly dolly on scotrail lol loved Scotland, plan on going back for some hiking eventually!!!
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
14 years ago
66 posts
I'm just outside Glasgow. Hoping to move to the countryside though. Somewhere quiet and full of nature like Aberfoyle (: Adam said:
Oh nice where you at? Dundee here haha!

Mannie 'Love' said:
Ahh another Scottish one! I'm from Scotland to (:

I had extremely oily/greasy hair to start off with because I was so used to washing my hair every day, but I cut it down to every 3rd/4th day and after a couple of wash my hair was a lot better
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Yo I'm atom.. My dreads are just a couple weeks older than urs n I started the same way.. My hairs prolly a Lil more fine than yours, which sucks, but I started with crocheting n went natural after that so were almost in the same boat. mine have fallin apart alot too. But I think some are comin together.. It's just kinda a mess now. I use dr bronners every third day n then a cold acv rinse afterwards.. Just left on like 30 seconds to a minute. I do baking soda just randomly.. Prolly get to like once a month super clean. But I do sea salt whenever.. No routine just randomly. Other than that, they're just chillin. And I kno I said it's a mess but u Can feel that some of em are tightening up n doin some shrinking as well. I just can't stand the loose hairs cuz the blonde ones on top of my brown hair in the back make it look like a cobweb.. U won't have that problem tho. Lol I think ull start dreading up fast. Just get a tam for the crazy hair days.. It'll help! Good luck bro
Adhamh
@adhamh
14 years ago
9 posts
Aye good to see someone in the same boat haha. I just done the baking soda and my skin on my arms and chest went red and is dead itchy! I'll just stick with it ey and if nothing happens then oh well, but doing this my hair does feel much cleaner now! Cheers mate! Atom said:
Yo I'm atom.. My dreads are just a couple weeks older than urs n I started the same way.. My hairs prolly a Lil more fine than yours, which sucks, but I started with crocheting n went natural after that so were almost in the same boat. mine have fallin apart alot too. But I think some are comin together.. It's just kinda a mess now. I use dr bronners every third day n then a cold acv rinse afterwards.. Just left on like 30 seconds to a minute. I do baking soda just randomly.. Prolly get to like once a month super clean. But I do sea salt whenever.. No routine just randomly. Other than that, they're just chillin. And I kno I said it's a mess but u Can feel that some of em are tightening up n doin some shrinking as well. I just can't stand the loose hairs cuz the blonde ones on top of my brown hair in the back make it look like a cobweb.. U won't have that problem tho. Lol I think ull start dreading up fast. Just get a tam for the crazy hair days.. It'll help! Good luck bro

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form